DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: ram slt 2010
Color: rock
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
cormiec is on a distinguished road
Default Head light bulbs replacement

Hi I want to change the head light bulbs on my Ram 2010. The bulbs that were sugested to me are the PIAA H13.
1- is it the wright bulbs ?
2- how can I change those bulbs, it used to be very easy but does'nt seem to be that easy anymore.

TKS

Claude
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

as far as aftermaket lights go, piaas are good as well as hellas. but personally id run hids. find out what bulb you get and for the same price you pay for those piaas youll pay the same for an hid kit and your lighting will increase tenfold.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:31 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:45
Ray is on a distinguished road

I went with the putco hd13 bulbs for my head lights and fogs. They were 36 bucks and IMO much brighter the the pia's that were 75 bucks. The place I go to get my mods let me try the pia's and they werent much different then the factory a little brighter. The putcos have a whiter look. I also went with led lights for the Lisence plate and swapped out all my interior lights with LEDs. It's a nice upgrade exspecially if you don't want to go the Hid route. As far as the install goes the shop did it for me and I did t notice they had my grill off and removed the head light assembly. The had it all done fairly quick
Mods:Mopar fiber glass Tonneau cover,Nerf Bars,Bully Hitch bar,husky mud guards,stubby antenna,Edge guards,weather mats,20%tint all around+windsheild,lisence plate covers,Upgrage to REN w/back up cam,Magnaflow 18, putco bulbs,LED interior/plate bulbs,viper smartstart

Old 04-20-2011, 09:35 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
jj ram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I went with the putco hd13 bulbs for my head lights and fogs. They were 36 bucks and IMO much brighter the the pia's that were 75 bucks. The place I go to get my mods let me try the pia's and they werent much different then the factory a little brighter. The putcos have a whiter look.
Ray, do you have a part number for these Putco HD13? Looking on Putco's website, I can't find it. THis is what I am looking for, whiter lights (not blue) and not going to an HID kit.

Thanks,
Old 04-20-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj ram View Post
Ray, do you have a part number for these Putco HD13? Looking on Putco's website, I can't find it. THis is what I am looking for, whiter lights (not blue) and not going to an HID kit.

Thanks,
I am going to the shop tomorrow to pick up my head light bulbs, they only had the ones for my fogs the day I went and had to order the head light bulbs for me. I will get the excact part number for you and post it tomorrow when I pick them up. I thought it was HD13, I went with the white as well(not blue). The fogs look really nice and I am looking foward to having the head lights match. I am having them installed tomorrow, so I will let you know what I think of them and I will get you the part numbers as well. The shop looked it up for me when I got mine and its just a bulb swap out no other parts are needed. I went this route because I was a little nervous of messing around with HID"s. I do love the way they look and you want find anything brighter but I heard alot of people having problems with them. Upgrading just to a better bulbs is a nice alternative.
Mods:Mopar fiber glass Tonneau cover,Nerf Bars,Bully Hitch bar,husky mud guards,stubby antenna,Edge guards,weather mats,20%tint all around+windsheild,lisence plate covers,Upgrage to REN w/back up cam,Magnaflow 18, putco bulbs,LED interior/plate bulbs,viper smartstart

Old 04-21-2011, 05:20 PM

here are the part numbers for Putco pure white bulbs. HD11 are for the head lights part#230011sw Fog lights HD10 part#230010sw I paid 35 bucks for each set. Just got the head lights in today so I have to wait untill it gets dark to check them out. I had the fog bulbs in for about a week now and been happy with those. Having the head lights to match should just make them that much better

Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie slt
Color: Black/Grey
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:16
ARMedNBangin is on a distinguished road

I've got the hook up on some HID bulbs--$15 for a pair (1 yr warranty and free shipping), many bulb types, sizes and colors. Holla back for details. I know you (starter of this thread) said you're not wanting to mess with HIDs....I'm just passing this info on for anyone else who may be interested.

I have some old ballasts from a Caddy I had that was just sitting in the shed. I (last night) found these bulbs and now they're on the way. HID conversion soon to come on the Ram.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:50 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright white
Rep:435
Outlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really nice

If you ain't gonna do a PROPER PROJECTOR RETROFIT, NO HID'S.

Too much glare that way.