DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram1500
Trim Level: Sport Q/C
Color: White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
miklar is on a distinguished road
Default Is this truck faster than anything out there?

Looking all over U-tube for info and it seems the this model year gets destroyed by every other manufacturer out there aswell as personal one-on-ones with other trucks!! Seems that the transmission is the biggest problem with this vehicle, slow shifts and poor responce to throttle input. Very disappointed, please help with some kind of affordable upgrade.
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2011, 01:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

don't believe what the ads read for any brand

i have a QC 2009 Ram 5.7L automatic, completely stock, just had a DYNO run done at 41,000 miles

327.48 pounds of torque, at the rear wheels
314.74 Brake horse power, at the rear wheels
5,300 RPMs

almost the same numbers as a stock Corvette
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-28-2011, 04:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

numbers mean nothing! results are the factor and the dodge does not perform like the others. i'm not not denying the dyno but the fact is it does not compare...fact
Old 04-28-2011, 04:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

also, u say stock with a tranny loss of at least 20-25% and u get that number with that lazy tranny..come on!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

here are the dyno runs, my stock 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, it weighs 6,300 pound at the curb, thats is 1,000 pounds more than any other stock Ram of a like type

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:19
scots2413 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by miklar View Post
Looking all over U-tube for info and it seems the this model year gets destroyed by every other manufacturer out there aswell as personal one-on-ones with other trucks!! Seems that the transmission is the biggest problem with this vehicle, slow shifts and poor responce to throttle input. Very disappointed, please help with some kind of affordable upgrade.
I am curious as to what other trucks we are getting "destroyed" by? I live in a city with many many trucks and none of them will race when I pull up next to them. So be a little more specific because the only trucks that I have heard coming close to beating us are the Tundra because of gearing and maybe the Ford 5.0 with mods.

And if your so unhappy with Dodge then go get a Furd and let us know how it works out for you.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:35 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

I'd like to know where you got your info too. With minor bolts on and the factory 3.92s there are plenty of guys here running in the low 14s and others in the mid to high 13s. Check out the 5.7 HEMI section and the Drag Race section.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:35 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Is he serious?

I will agree the tranny isn't the most responsive around, but it does the job well enough... besides if I were racing I'd build a strip car, and not worry about what my truck was doing while hauling that strip car on the trailer behind it

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:85
dwadestrick will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to dwadestrick

I had a 98 Chevy Z71 with the 5.7 (old style 350) before I bought my Ram. I have been a Chevy guy all my life. I was still trying to be a Chevy guy, so I drove the new 2011 Z71 with the 5.3L (their rating is only 300hp). The truck was way under powered. My 98 with 209,000 miles was still more responsive and still got 18 mpg hwy. A friend of mine had an earlier version of the new Z71. He sold it because it didn't want pull his 25ft boat out of the water. Now I did not drive a Ford, but the Ram has more power than the Chevy. I used to put my 98 through hell pulling up stumps and pulling cargo and trailer weights of 4,500 pounds plus. I have not pulled much with my Ram yet, only around 2,000 pounds, but give me time, I will. If something is beating the Ram, I know it is not a stock Chevy. (Chevy Ram)

Changed:
Bak Flip F1, Performance Hood, Remote start
Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram RC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:71
Get Bit will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I would not say they get destroyed by everything.. Gearing and transmission power loss has been Dodges weak point. They tend to have too tall of gearing through the gears compared to the others and they take more power to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
don't believe what the ads read for any brand

i have a QC 2009 Ram 5.7L automatic, completely stock, just had a DYNO run done at 41,000 miles

327.48 pounds of torque, at the rear wheels
314.74 Brake horse power, at the rear wheels
5,300 RPMs

almost the same numbers as a stock Corvette
Stock 08+ Corvette (base model) average around 400 -410 rwhp and 390 rwtq. (rated at 438 flywheel) The ZO6 is in the mid 400's..

05-07 with the LS2 average around 365 / 340tq.. These numbers can be achieved with the autos as well. The transmissions and drive train have much less power loss than you will see in these dodge rams. Like I posted above that is the weak point with these trucks.