DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

I agree ^^^ The simple answer is yes... she's the boss.

Have a Dos Equis... and kiss her and your beautiful Ram goodbye each morning.
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2011, 07:49 PM

Vehicle: 2005 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn 3.92
Color: Flame Red CC
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:45
Timbo114 is on a distinguished road

So, are you a dick? YES

As it also makes me a dick, and the next guy, and the guy after that, and the guy down the street who won't give in to his lady's every whim.

Teaching her to drive it is one thing ...
Say No- if it remains an issue and she drags on and on ... move on.

You're a young buck - go find yourself a new lady who has her own truck to drive
Old 04-29-2011, 07:54 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram R/T 2011 Chally R/T
Trim Level: sport
Color: deep water blue pearl
Rep:18
mfr1950 is on a distinguished road

She wants to take your truck to go to work,and she has a brand new toyota,Now you know why I live alone with a dog.....
Old 04-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab 4X4 Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:2453
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Totally on your side with this one, it makes no sense to just let her take you pride and joy. My wife will not even put me in that situation, she knows how much my truck means to me. And no you are not a dick...........
BT CC / Hood Kit, LED Tails, Recon 3rd Brake & Xtreme LightBar, Black Aluminum Side Steps, Leer 700, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, MOPAR Valve Caps, Lighted RAM hitch cover, Front Tow Hooks and Bed Post Hide-a-Hooks, Tints (20% frt, 35% rear and slider), Painted Engine Cover/Brake Calipers, K&N Drop in,OEM Fender Flares/ bug deflector, FM 40, SC Cortex, Oracle H11 LED Heads, 4000k Putco Fogs, LED Interior Lights, Honeycomb Grill, Bilstien 5100's.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram reg cab 4x4
Trim Level: trx4
Color: white
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
jerry donihoo is on a distinguished road

I used to buy all manual shift trucks because my wife doesnt know how to drive them lol,too bad they quit putting them in half ton trucks.My wife knows my truck is off limits,shes driven it maybe 3 times and she hates my stero system.Hopefully your girlfriend is over her madness if not like the saying goes better *&%#@* off than *&%#@ on hahaha
Old 04-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Only the mechanic is allowed to drive my Ram

Only one woman was ever allowed to use my '56 chevy 1/2 ton with a souped up 327, she would have rather driven my other vehicle, it was a Dodge Polara 440 ex cop car & i knew that it was too much vehicle for her to drive, Lets say she had a bit of an attitude, she would have made a good Red head

just explain to your gal, her vehicle gets better mileage & she drives further each day than you do
its a money saving thing

I think she wants to show off your truck, you have seen the bumper stickers

Silly Boys, Trucks are for Girls
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-29-2011, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1337
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

Dude I hate that! First off, I don't let my mom or my sister drive my truck. I don't even like my dad driving it because he abuses vehicles! So my girlfriend says "baby I wanna learn how to drive your truck" so I say "sure babe, we can go over to the zypher field parking lot tomorrow and give it a go" Right there she stopped me and said "ummm.... so I need to drive in a parking lot? you don't trust me on the street??!!" My response was "uhhhh, baby you know I love you right" hahhaah Anyway she got over it after she learned how much my truck meant to me.
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:55 PM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Wow oh wow.....for a 3rd female perspective:
No, she doesn't need to drive YOUR truck. Who purchased the Toyota? Who made the vehicle selection?
My husband and I go this round as well. I have MY truck and he has HIS Challenger.
For years and still some today, when referring to MY truck with his coworkers, he says "On my Ram I am going to do...such and such....". I VERY QUICKLY correct him, "You mean 'My Wife's Ram' " and "She is going to do...such and such". Especially when I drove a lifted Cummins that he wanted.
We have been together 19 years and this can still be a very touchy subject. Stick to your guns......what's mine is mine and yours is yours. Ok...I am done and yes, I will get counseling and anger management classes soon.....after I drive my Ram.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about

Maybe I should appreciate driving my girlfriends cummins more then I do haha
If she doesn't want to put miles on it she shouldnt have bought a brand new vehicle

Last edited by Stangshcky12; 05-04-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:31 PM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

tell her you would rather her in something more reliable that such an old truck plus you fell she is safer in the toyota that should fix it