DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-17-2011, 07:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram and 2006 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: 4x4 SLT and4X4 SPORT
Color: Silver , Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
adventurer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to adventurer
Default AC Problem.......

Hi all , i have a problem with my AC in my 2006 Ram ,last month i filled the AC gas and they compressed it before filling the gas to see if its leaking and they found no leak so i tried it after that it was working perfect with cold air , today the weather is hot so i switched the AC on but it was blowing normal air i waited 10 minutes thinking it will blow cold air but i waited for nothing it continues blowing hot air , fan is working compressor is working the AC light is on and there is no gas leak !!!!!! Any ideas please ???

Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2011, 09:58 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Ram 1500 4.7L "H/O"
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Graphite Metallic
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:91
tmerritt530 will become famous soon enough

Maybe the blend door isn't working? Does it blow hot air or just outside temp air?
Old 04-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
Hi all , i have a problem with my AC in my 2006 Ram ,last month i filled the AC gas and they compressed it before filling the gas to see if its leaking and they found no leak so i tried it after that it was working perfect with cold air , today the weather is hot so i switched the AC on but it was blowing normal air i waited 10 minutes thinking it will blow cold air but i waited for nothing it continues blowing hot air , fan is working compressor is working the AC light is on and there is no gas leak !!!!!! Any ideas please ???
Sure the compressor is running, i.e. the centre part is turning as well and not just the pulley ????? If it is does the suction line (large tube coming off the compressor) get cold ?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:54 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram and 2006 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: 4x4 SLT and4X4 SPORT
Color: Silver , Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
adventurer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to adventurer

i just came from the work shop , there was no gas in the system they checked everything there was no leak and everything is ok but while they were compressing the system the hose blown up (the one in between the gas filler place and the compressor ) then they say that the hose were leaking but its not true because it was ok when they start the compression check, so they replaced the hose and filled it with gas again and they say the system is ok , am not sure that this was the problem , any way i will test it tomorrow and see, Any ideas ???