DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Rust Repair

Notices

Rust Repair Fighting Mother Nature!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:39
Laffs is on a distinguished road
Default RUST - Stopping/Fixing/Preventing

Well, nearly had a massive coronary yesterday. Walked out to my truck and sure enough, two rust bubbles about the size of a pencil eraser on the bed wheelwell (driverside).

This shocks me as the trucks been undercoated every year! From what I looked at it seems like salt must have built up behind the wheel well and sat behind the bedside.

So. Now my 2006 Truck has rust. Called the dealer, Rust Warranty expired....a month ago. So now its all on me.

Whats the way to stop this from getting worse (otherside hasnt bubbled yet). Is there a way to get in behind there and POR15 everything? Or would the bedside have to come off to do that effectively?

I know the side thats bubbled with have to be ground down to bare metal and them primed and painted, I just want to make sure I don't end up having to do this all again in a year or two. I'd love to POR15 everything back there, but I don't think bedside removal is something I can do in the driveway without making things worse.

Sorry, alot of this is venting and might be jumbled, just super angry my new to me truck I thought I loved is already doing this.
Sponsored links
Old 05-06-2011, 12:01 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

The rust has taken more than a month to develop I'd check back with the dealer and try to reason with them, there ought to be a little flexibility. Just my 2!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:15 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:39
Laffs is on a distinguished road

They didn't seem to care as the truck was bought used by me privately.

My body guys going to cut out the panel and weld in new metal for 500 bucks, going to get my grill paint matched and my front and rear bumpers resprayed for chips at the same time.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Laffs,
look up your local KROWN shop
it is a Canada ONLY company & it works

http://www.krown.com/dealer/index.php?shop=148

if that doesn't work
Myers Truck & Trailer 560 Hwy #77 RR#5 Leamington,ON N8H 3V8 (519) 326-1853

Krown is proud to offer over 230 locations
across Canada.KROWN T-40 is Canada's highest performing petroleum based rust preventative intended for
the automotive after market.

A non-evaporating liquid product with lubricant properties, T-40 spreads along metal and painted surfaces, displaces moisture, creeps into crevices, and creates a thin, self-repairing corrosion-fighting barrier. The rust inhibiting performance of Krown's T-40 is the best of any similar product on the market in Canada.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle