DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:48
dustin72 is on a distinguished road

My 2010 RCSB 4x4 was right around 39" stock. I cut 1 1/2 coils off my stock springs and now I'm right around 37". Front is between 36" and 36 1/4". Also, both my rear springs were the same part number.

Black SRT10 22's with 305/45/22 Nitto NT420S Tires, 6000k Low and Fog HID's, Debadged, Tint, Custom Mopar Badges, S&B Intake, Magnaflow Muffler, Superchips Tuner
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2011, 01:49 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Grey
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 385hp 850lb/ft (Aisin ASC69RC Automatic)
Rep:51
Ghostknife will become famous soon enough

To bring this back from the dead, how does it ride with the stock shocks now that the squeak is gone? review?
Old 06-26-2011, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostknife View Post
To bring this back from the dead, how does it ride with the stock shocks now that the squeak is gone? review?
empty bed ride is just like stock. I haven't put anything of significant weight in the bed yet so I can't comment on loaded ride quality...probably the same as the stock springs loaded but with less sag.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I'm glad you got the kit to work out for you. I still need to compile the handful of responses I received about part numbers/spring lengths and send it to you. Also, I haven't had a chance to try out the other rear coils, I will get to it in the following weeks. Life has been busy lately

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 AM

CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

whenever...no hurry.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Rep:10
LoneWolfNY is on a distinguished road

I decided I want the truck level, but don't feel like raising the front. Since I will have to much gap all around and don't want to run bigger tires, plus the added stress on the front drive system. I think the front is right where it should be as far as form and function goes for me, so I will be lowering the back to match the front.

Do you recommend those springs? Sounded like u had some problems and also did u ever get the two inches of drop are or you still around one? Was it because u have two wheel drive and these are designed for 4? Should I just buy a new set of factory coils and cut them down? I liked how these springs set the truck lower but you actually gained payload carrying, but it sounded like you didn't get the drop they advertised you would.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:34 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

lonewolf: You may also want to wait a month or so until I have a chance to try the regular cab springs on my truck, I think they may lower my truck as well....just another option I will eventually post results....

Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Rep:10
LoneWolfNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
lonewolf: You may also want to wait a month or so until I have a chance to try the regular cab springs on my truck, I think they may lower my truck as well....just another option I will eventually post results....
Thanks, but you have 2 wheel drive only and a 2010, so the results may be different for us.

Anyone on here know someone with a 2011 1500 4x4 that lowered the rear to make it level? How did they go about it? I've been searching on here but haven't found anything yet.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:12 PM

Lonewolf- the ottomax kit was designed for 4x4 trucks so I think youll see the advertised 2".

edit: to answer your questions yes I would recommend the kit. I think being that my truck is 2wd I didn't get the full drop. I've pulled the p/n off my factory rear coils...any chance you can get the p/n from yours? If they are the same then you might see the same drop as me but if they are different then I believe you'll benefit. How high is your truck right now? From the ground to the bottom of the wheel well?

I do think it's bs that you have to shim the shocks...that's the only part I don't like. For $300+ they should get some shocks that fit correctly.

You can try to cut some factory coils. I would suggest starting with maybe half a coil if you go that route and see what you get. Then cut more if needed. I wonder if you'd lose some payload capacity by doing that? I dunno.

Last edited by CHVYKLR; 06-29-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I do think it's bs that you have to shim the shocks...that's the only part I don't like. For $300+ they should get some shocks that fit correctly.
Or provide you with proper shims...

Quote:
You can try to cut some factory coils. I would suggest starting with maybe half a coil if you go that route and see what you get. Then cut more if needed. I wonder if you'd lose some payload capacity by doing that? I dunno.
Payload loss should be minimal, couple hundred pounds at most, if you only cut half or a full coil...If you do cut them, make sure you do it slow, and don't over heat them, if you get the coils too hot they will be damaged. A cutoff wheel/sawzall would work well taking breaks to keep them cool...