DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:48
dustin72 is on a distinguished road

I cut 1 and a half coils off my 2010 RCSB 4x4. It dropped it about 2 inches. I started with one coil, reinstalled and checked ride height. I needed to cut another half coil to get it where I wanted. It sits about 3/4 to 1 inch higher than the front now which is exactly where I wanted it. Rides like stock. I haven't loaded it up yet, so I don't know how much it will sag, but I have air helper bags so it doesn't matter anyways. I would start with cutting one coil and go from there.

Black SRT10 22's with 305/45/22 Nitto NT420S Tires, 6000k Low and Fog HID's, Debadged, Custom Mopar Badges
Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:10
LoneWolfNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYKLR View Post
Lonewolf- the ottomax kit was designed for 4x4 trucks so I think youll see the advertised 2".

edit: to answer your questions yes I would recommend the kit. I think being that my truck is 2wd I didn't get the full drop. I've pulled the p/n off my factory rear coils...any chance you can get the p/n from yours? If they are the same then you might see the same drop as me but if they are different then I believe you'll benefit. How high is your truck right now? From the ground to the bottom of the wheel well?

I do think it's bs that you have to shim the shocks...that's the only part I don't like. For $300+ they should get some shocks that fit correctly.

You can try to cut some factory coils. I would suggest starting with maybe half a coil if you go that route and see what you get. Then cut more if needed. I wonder if you'd lose some payload capacity by doing that? I dunno.

I'll get you the the info this weekend when I have time to play with the truck. Thanks for the suggestions so far. No other companys make rear lowering springs yet for 2011 1500 4x4's?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Rep:249
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

Ground force has one for regular cabs.

Stage 2 is underway by L&M Customs & HHP
Old 07-06-2011, 01:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 HEMI Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: SPORT
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:62
rarichard will become famous soon enough

I'll be picking up my new springs from the dealership this friday. i have a crew cab 4X4 that I'll be cutting the stock springs. Once I confirm that these are in fact the same exact part numbers as what's in there now, I will be cutting the springs on the truck now because any sag has been taken care of over the past year. I will do it slow and try to bring the truck to pretty much dead level. maybe 3/4 of an inch rake with 3/4 tank of gas. If i screw up I'll always have a brand new backup set. Cost me $220 with tax. I'll keep using the same shocks for now, will probably get a good quality slightly shorter shock if I think I need it. I might put a limiting strap so the springs won't fall out if it's put on a lift. Will cut down bump stop slightly, and probably add bags to the springs in case I tow.