DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie 4 x 4
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
TexasParamedic is on a distinguished road
Default NewB Problem with Remote Start

I have been searching and found a few close problems and not sure what the proper post standards are. Please let me know what is expected for the future so I dont create another thread for a similar problem.

This Morning at around 4:30 while at the hotel getting ready to leave i poked the remote start button twice, seen my headlights come on through the window... then the alarm started to sound. All the rooms are outside with the vehicles parked right at the door. I scrambled to get out side as quick as i could to get the alarm shutoff before it woke up too many, poked every button on the remote probably 10 times before i got to the door key. Once i got the door key out the alarm quit all on it's own but it never started. I got the door open using the remote unlock button this time and the EVIC said Remote start disabled - Start to reset. No errors or anything like that. Truck started right up with no problems. Had a full tank of fuel, all the doors were shut.. I know this because i was playing with the remote start earlier in the day before i drove to dinner and i double checked this morning. Any Idea's on what could cause this?
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Have you been able to recreate the issue?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Laramie 4 x 4
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
TexasParamedic is on a distinguished road

I have not had the chance to try and make it happen again as I am at work for a few weeks. I am going to try to duplicate when i get home, but not sitting in front of the no-tell hotel at 4am until i get all the little bugs worked / figured out. The part that I find odd and should have mentioned was that I disabled the horn with button push through the EVIC so in theory the horn should not sound unless i press the panic button correct? I am very certain that i did not push the panic button by accident since it is the large red button at the top that says PANIC on it and the start button is on the other end of the remote. But i guess stranger things could have happened, it was 4am.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:46 PM
erm

Sorry to see you are having this problem. I have no idea what could have caused that (never have dug into alarms before) and I hope you get the problem located and fixed!
Old 05-07-2011, 02:12 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

My bet is on the panic button because of the what the EVIC display showed when you got in. Also, there is a certain member here with a Black 2010 Ram Sport from Manitoba (Name withheld to protect the innocent) that did the very same thing about 2 weeks ago .....with the exception of the 4am hotel part.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 09-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Lonestar
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Bjoseph24 is on a distinguished road

I had this same problem today. I didn't say why it was disabled. My windows were also partly down and I know I did not use the windows down feature on my key fob
Old 10-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Richie

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:12
LUBINATOR is on a distinguished road
Default Ditto

2009 SLT 4.7

OEM Remote Start

Truck will start by itself at any given time

Windows(front) will open to about 1/2 way down.

Been into dealer for three weeks total so far ,21 days, they can't duplicate it

It happens in many different places
It happens with both FOBs on hooks not being carried
It happens in woods(hunting)

This sux big time, can't trust to leave my truck anywhere.

Doors do not unlock when this occurs.

I bypassed the hood interlock for remote start, truck does not turn over, but lights will flash and horn sound twice.

I replaced the two FOBS no change.

Been going on since new, dealers say cannot do anything unless it happens in front of them, lol, truck is usually parked in lot where no one can hear or see. I complained about this and said they need to park it in a populated mechanic area and advise all mechanics to be aware.

Other small probs driver seat creaks turning left going forward or reverse.

Horn button sticks

I like the truck, but I guess I am done with dealers unfortunately. Warranty means squat to them, they all push it off on Dodge/Chrysler to help.
RAM 1500 SLT QC 2009 INFERNO RED, ARE Lift Lid ,Spray on Bed Liner, K&N Drop In, Pioneer DEH P8400UB, Alpine Amp, Mopar Kicker sets in all doors and dash, 2 Polk 10" Subs, Polk AMP, SteelCraft Nerf Bars, Mopar Fog Lights, CalTrend Seat Covers, WeatherTech Front Mats, Putco SS Fender Liners, SuperBumper SS Hitch Step/Impact Absorber, Onki Aegis SS Center Guard, PIAA 2100 driving lights

Last edited by LUBINATOR; 11-01-2011 at 09:18 AM.