DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough
Default Replaced Bent wheel bearing...

Well long time ago before I owned the van the brakes had locked up 3 times. And had seen 3 repair shops one of which was a out of state dealership. None of the 3 happened to notice the bent wheel bearing which caused this lock up 3 times. Well I noticed it cause I know to check everything before you just start skipping and hopping. Anyway's I had done a whole brake job with new pads, lines, hose, calipers, hardware, fluid flush, wheel cylinders, fittings, etc... Now my van hadn't gotten a mile on it since I did the brake job but I figured to redo some things since I was going to be replacing the bearing and seals. SO today I went ahead and removed the wheels, removed the seals and then bearings degrease both inner and outer bearing and hub along with the spindle. Then packed the bearings with EP HI-TEMP grease and repacked the hub and dust cap and put new seal on. Then torqued the rotor while turning it to 25 ft/lbs then let go 1/2 turn then finger tighten it and put crown on and new cotter pin. then i put permatex disc brake caliper lube on the pack of the pads and on the slides and caliper piston and boot. then put the caliper on the rail and torqued the hardware to about 12 ft/lbs.
I torqued the rotors to seat the bearings duh...

Then on the driver side which always had the most issues (broken bearing located) I did basically the same thing as the passenger side but replaced the inner wheel bearing.

It is stupid but I have a leaky transmission cause of aluminum case that has a small crack so I am buying a new case and going to do a rebuild when the tranny repair gives up. By then I would have enough money for a press and tranny jack etc...

I have a picture of the old bearing below...

Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2011, 10:19 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

nice write up!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Thanks very much I would of had some more photos but they came out black... IDK