DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 ford
Rep:10
slidellkid is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking Dodge - Have a Few Questions

I am thinking about getting a new Dodge. I will most likely go for a 4x4 ST or SLT and probably the Hemi.

I saw a real pretty blue Dodge the other day with silver accent on the bottom. Can you get this accent stripe on the ST? Does anyone have any pics of that combo that they can post up?

I am thinking Quad cab instead of Crew to give me a larger bed. I have two small kids that may ride back there from time to time but on long trips we will most likely take our van. Have any of you all ridden in the back of a Quad cab for any length of time, and if so, how was it?

I may pull a boat but probably not a travel trailer. Should I go with the cheaper 4.7L or the Hemi. I am thinking Hemi, mostly because I want it.

If you have regrets about buying your Dodge, please shoot me pm and let me know what problems you have had.

Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Love my RAM Quadcab and although I don't ride in the back, my teenage kids have no problem sitting back there. Get the HEMI, it has way more power and gets better mileage than the 4.7. If your going to tow get the 3.92 LSD, I wish the dealer had not talked me out of it (the one thing I regret). Good luck on your decision.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:00 AM
erm

Definitely get the Hemi. It will make the towing experience much better and, believe it or not, a lot of folks who tow get better mileage with that engine vs. the 4.7L.

That silver accent isn't available on the ST's.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
LeadersDriveFendt is on a distinguished road

Hemi= more power, better sound, better fuel mileage... and you know how the saying goes, "no replacement for displacement"
Crew Cab is my preference, i've been in the back of the quad cabs before, and i always feel like i wish i had more space
My only regret is color. I wish i had bought blue, but whenever i clean ol' White Lightning that regret goes away
Old 05-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about

My dad was going to get a crew cab and I talked him into a quad cab. I'm 5'7" and my brother is 6'1" and my twin sister whose short lol
All three of us have sat in the back seat for 1.5-2 hours rides and it was comfortable. Not really spacious but it wasnt cramped.
A bunch of my buddies have 3rd gen quad cabs and we're constantly piling a bunch of guys into them
Old 05-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 crew cab
Trim Level: slt
Color: bright silver
Rep:22
red041500 is on a distinguished road

i love my crew cab , but i hate my small bed. but let me tell you one thing , with the hemi when it comes to towing its UNBELIEVABLE !! crew cab quad cab no that big of a deal but ythe hemi will not let you down.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

HEMI and 3.92s. I would also browse the 2009, 2010 and 2011 sections to read up on some of the experiences others are having. there are both positive and negative threads but def more positive ones.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 ford
slidellkid is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Maybe I will get the SLT so I can get that Blue with silver accent. I have never been a huge fan of blue, but I really like that combination. I will go with the Hemi.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidellkid View Post
Thanks. Maybe I will get the SLT so I can get that Blue with silver accent. I have never been a huge fan of blue, but I really like that combination. I will go with the Hemi.
Good choice Post some pics when you get her.