DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Suspension

Notices

Suspension 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Suspension Problems and Questions

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 dodge ram 4.7L
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue Pearl
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:23
southpaw5m is on a distinguished road
Default Suspension Update

Well got my new belltech street performance shocks on and installed my Caltracs traction bars but had to take them off when I had clearance issues, have to take the truck in Monday to my mechanic to fix the helper spring clearance issue. Looks like my right helper spring is hanging down at a steeper angle than the left side and is hitting the traction bar. But when I did drive around the block in it it felt so much better! Night and day over stock. No body roll nice and responsive on the throttle and no more wheel HOP!!! A combination of new shocks and traction bars will do that. But I didn't stop there! Just ordered front and rear hellwig anti sway bars with energy suspension bushings and sway bar links... When I get those done I'll post pics. One good thing about the traction bars being all scratched up from the clearance issue is that I get to paint them a silver color from the gloss black they came as. Love the black but honestly you can't really see them they just blend in so silver it is!
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dadge Ram 2500 4wd
Color: white
Engine: 2004-2004 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 600 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 600lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:10
mikeaspen is on a distinguished road

I'm about to install new Bilsteins on my 2004 Ram 2500.... any advice on how to do the fronts... should I jack up the truck and relieve the coil spring or attack the swap out from the top by removing the three bolts and top mount?
thanks, Mike
Old 05-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 dodge ram 4.7L
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue Pearl
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:23
southpaw5m is on a distinguished road

Hey Mike, our truck book says to jack up the truck and take off the wheels then put on jack stands and use the floor jack to support the side your replacing and to compress the spring just enough to keep it there. But jack up the front high enough to get the shocks out from the bottom. Unbolt the top first then the bottom, then replace shock and bolt bottom then the top to torque specs. Not sure what they are for the 2500 but i'm sure if they are on really tight then you'll be okay. Goodluck!