DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
rdickens is on a distinguished road
Default 7" Alpine headrest monitor install question!

I am installing the Alpine PKG-M780 headrest monitor set into my megacab. The control box has red (power), black (ground), and yellow (parking brake lead). I don't want the monitors to turn off for the backseat when i release the parking brake. Can i just connect to acc power? BTW, the instructions just state to "Connect this lead to the parking brake lead powered when parking brake is pulled". Any help appreciated!
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 3500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White and Mineral Gray
Rep:232
Cowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura about

I have the exact same monitor kit and will be installing it into my truck in the very near future. My plan is to do exactly as you said and tie it to the main power (red). The monitors are in the back and there is no reason, I need to be parked to have them on.

Part you have to remember is that many manufacturers have to put warnings and setups like that to comply with certain laws in certain areas, or as a blanket protection to say "we warned you not to do that" and therefore protect themselves somewhat from lawsuits.

Connect it up and enjoy. Hopefully my kids will be happy as we are going on a 1200 mile trip in the next couple of weeks. 3 kids under the age of 5. God bless mobile video systems.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
My first Dodge photo thread
Old 05-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Son of God - Matthew 5:9

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black / White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Fatty Matty is on a distinguished road

I plan on getting these monitors eventually as well. I will have the MyGIG Lockpick way before then though, and I'm under the impression that it won't be an issue. Maybe worst case scenario, add the Lockpick?
Current: Debadged / 1.75% tint / 18" Magnaflow & Y-Pipe / TGC Leveling Kit / Paramount Restyling grille / Bakflip G2 / 34" Cooper Zeon LTZ / Vararam / EGR in channel Vent Shades / Husky WeatherBeater mats
To be installed: 20" DUB Drone 6 wheels / Go Rhino Dominator 2 steps / EGR fender flares
Next: programmer
Old 05-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
gwidener350z is on a distinguished road

I believe all you need to do is ground the e-brake (yellow) wire. They do this if you are using the monitor in front in view of the driver (legal reasons).

Greg
Old 05-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 3500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White and Mineral Gray
Rep:232
Cowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura about

The installation instructions specifically require a (+) positive signal. You will notice that the way the wire ends are setup, you can just plug the one from the e-brake directly into the power wire and still have a power end free.

I installed the MyGig Lockpick a few days after I bought the truck. It provides the ground and power you will need to connect the monitors. Just use some good butt connectors or solder and then heat shrink it. Then get a set of RCA cables to connect to the MyGig outputs and into Input 1 on the control box of the video system.

Makes the install as close to plug and play as you can get.

I got the monitors installed in the headrests tonight and plan to finish up the wiring tomorrow. I am installing a cutout switch on the side of the tray that sits infront of my center seat. This way, I can just kill the power to the monitors any time the kids have lost their priveleges.

I will post pics tomorrow or Saturday after I get the rest done.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
My first Dodge photo thread