DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 96 Ram
Rep:10
hori is on a distinguished road
Default Going to test drive 11 Sport qc 4x4 soon

Hey all. I got the bug for a new truck. I had a few trucks before including a 96 ram. I have a ridgeline now for last three years. Dodge has great rebates on the 11 Rams here in Canada and thinking hard about a 11 sport qc 4x4. The one on the lot is not the one I want however it will give me feeling if I want to buy a ram or not and the dealer will find another with the options I want . The one I want has 3.92 and this one to test drive has 3.55 gears.

Will I notice a difference in the 3.55 vs 3.92. If I like the power of the 3.55 then will be even happier with 3.92?

Has anyone drove the new F150 and did they like the drive of the ram better. I have to test one also just so I never have second thoughts down the road. I have read the ride in the ram is better than the ford.

Any comment on the 430N and alpine speakers? Good system?

Lastly is the sat radio reception/ antenna good?

thanks
Sponsored links
Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: black w/ silver stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:883
98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

3.92 will have better acceleration and towing. 3.55 will have better highway mileage.

Supposedly the v6 ecoboost f150 is awesome but it doesn't have the creature comforts the higher models will have.

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

I made the switch from being a loyal Avalanche owner to the new Ram. Drove the Chevy and Ford before buying. The upgrades Dodge has made were just too much to pass up. And the Hemi power is AWESOME (if that's what you are into).

Agree with 98sst that the 3.92 will be a huge benefit if acceleration and towing are important to you. If you search this forum, I think you will find that most members prefer the 3.92. Your call in the end.

As far as the 430N and Alpine system goes, I love mine with the exception that it does not work with newer generation iPhones, iTouch or other smartphones. Do your homework and test your phone on the truck you plan to buy. Compatibility reports can be found @ https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostb/cros...port_Rev_B.pdf

Of course, a radio is not the main reason you do/don't buy a truck so take it with a grain of salt as there are other ways around playing your iTunes library.

Good luck with your purchase and be sure to post pics of your new truck if/when it arrives.
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 05-10-2011, 11:25 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4X4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:110
RAMTX will become famous soon enoughRAMTX will become famous soon enough

I owned a F150 for the last 6 years and switch to a Doge 3 months ago and I am not disappointed at all.
I had to do a ton of performance MODS on my F150 to add a little more power and the RAM power is stock.

1-RAM is lighter, faster and more powerful.
2- Interior is better (luxury) especially if you get a sport trim.
3-Fuel economy is a little better than ford, but still a truck. I get between 14.5 to 16.1 city mix with highway and 18-20 just highway.
4- Get a crew cab if you like space for back seat passenger
5- Get a 3.92 please, I have a 3.55 which is nice but to tow is a little weaker.
6- Get the 430N if you can- I didn't care and get the RES (big regret) I have an aftermarket now.

I love my RAM has been the best truck I own (I had 4 silverados before and 1 S10), just make sure that your truck has everything that you request and like before you drive it out the dealer parking lot.

Good luck with you purchase and post some pics, we love them.

* and remember they need to move inventory and have to sell and you have the money, money controls the situation. lol.

Last edited by RAMTX; 05-10-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:05 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

All answers before me are what I would stress. I did just drive the EcoBoost and was impressed until I got back in my truck and hit the loud pedal - no comparison of the feel of the HEMI!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:18 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4X4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:110
RAMTX will become famous soon enoughRAMTX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRam10 View Post
All answers before me are what I would stress. I did just drive the EcoBoost and was impressed until I got back in my truck and hit the loud pedal - no comparison of the feel of the HEMI!

very well said RedRam10!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the mileage difference between the 3.55 & 3.92 is negligible, maybe 2 gallons in 100 miles, if that

definitely get a radio that has bluetooth, satellite, voice commands, touch screen & everything else WORKING, not just compatible , the radios the have the N after the numbers is ok ( N means navigation ), each time you may want to upgrade the MAPS it will cost you $199, everytime you want to renew Traffic its another charge, every time you want to renew your Sirius satellite, get at least a 3 year or Lifetime renewal. I suggest that you get satellite radio, touch screen, bluetooth, w/ voice commands. Then you go to BEST BUY & get a SIRIUS automotive GPS hand held that has the mounting for automobiles, buy a good one for maybe $230, like the 1390LMT LMT means LIFETIME MAPS & TRAFFIC for ever, it also has bluetooth, voice commands, touch screen, etc. OR get the 430N in the Ram, never upgrade anything but the satellite & buy the Garmin handheld when the maps & traffic free year expire, that is what i did.

Get a Ram with the steering wheel controls too

Good Luck & have fun shopping
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Well took out the F150 eco-boost 4x4 today. Let me just say that engine has serious pull and the truck is fast. I was very impressed with the torque.

Ram drive tomorrow, it`s got some big shoes to fill after driving the ecoboost ford. I hope the hemi will impress me just as much
Old 05-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I just drove the sport qc 4x4. It was loaded up and very nice. The hemi was powerful enough and was smooth. I was surprised how quiet it was.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:32 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:85
dwadestrick will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to dwadestrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hori View Post
I just drove the sport qc 4x4. It was loaded up and very nice. The hemi was powerful enough and was smooth. I was surprised how quiet it was.
I looked at the qc and the crew cab. I really liked the extra room in the cab. I have not missed the loss in the bed.

Changed:
Bak Flip F1, Performance Hood, Remote start