DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4X4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:110
RAMTX will become famous soon enoughRAMTX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadestrick View Post
I looked at the qc and the crew cab. I really liked the extra room in the cab. I have not missed the loss in the bed.
I had a Qc before and this is my first crew cab truck and it is very comfortable for the passengers. You are right the bed being a little smaller is not a big deal.
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: soon to be owner
Trim Level: N/A
Color: N/A
Rep:10
seaner10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hori View Post
I just drove the sport qc 4x4. It was loaded up and very nice. The hemi was powerful enough and was smooth. I was surprised how quiet it was.
so what do you think, are you more leaning to the ford or the dodge I am in your predicament as well and am having a hard time figureing out which way i am going, although i do have to take the ford out for a test drive i have herd it is pretty awesome but the looks of the 1500 sport are amazing
Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White
Rep:22
mriboy is on a distinguished road

I'm trading in my 2010 Platinum F150 was going to get a 2011 FX2 with the Eco boost wich is a nice truck too. Monday I test drove the 11 Sport and was real impressed plus with the 5K in rebates Im getting not only is it 80 dollors less a month then I was going to pay for the FX2 and the Ram Sport has more options on it. It is loaded just like my platnium minus power running boards and the ride was great, the looks are killer and the engine strong. I pick her up Sat and I am so excited. I have been a die hard Ford Truck guy have had the following 97 F150 xlt, a 98 F150 Lariat 99 Lightning, 2005 F350, 2007 F250 Outlaw Edition and the 2010 Platnium F150. I am looking forward to give Dodge a chance test drove all 3 brand in the past and recent and Dodge has come along way, I had it narrowed to the FX2 and The Sport and chose the Sport.
Mike
Old 05-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

I was die-hard Chevy and switched to the new Ram. Have not looked back yet. Sure, there are a few minor creature comforts they could have added but overall, the power and towing is superior to the Chevy and Ford I test drove before settling on the Ram. Good luck and be sure to post pics of the new ride. Then get ready for all of the modification suggestions you will find on this great forum!
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 05-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 96 Ram
hori is on a distinguished road

I have never been a die hard brand loyal type. I have owned many new cars/trucks and buy what I like when time to buy. I have zero bias. I have done alot of research on both and the ram was the start of the itch to buy a new truck. Both the 11 dodge sport and the 11 ford fx4 have almost $8000 in rebates at the moment so thats another driving force.

I got to take both the 11 ram sport qc 4x4 and a 11 F150 fx4 eco out today. Not the same roads as dealerships were far away.

First the dodge :
Great looking truck, big muscular looks. The cabin was quiet when I shut the door. The interior is def upscale, this had leather and premium package with navi. I never turned on the stereo. The seats were comfortable, the steering wheel angle I dont care for. The drive was nice, no complaints. The hemi felt powerful enough. I thought the V8 would have sounded louder through the cabin. The brakes seemed a touch weak? but then again the truck was brand new. The auto 4wd is a big deal for me as this will be a daily driver for wife also and the winters here can be bad and she is use to awd so.. Dealer doesnt have the truck with options I want so back tomorrow to see whats gonna happen.

Ford FX4 /luxury eco:
Good looking truck also, not as aggresive looking as the ram sport. No auto 4wd. The interior was just as nice. The electric steering was better as it felt stiffer and sportier at speed but super easy when parking etc.. The steering wheel angle was more natural. Not as much storage as the ram. This truck had the 3.73 however it felt alot weaker than the 3.55 eco I had out yesterday? It only had 30km on it and a dealer mode message or something kept popping up on the screen. After the test ride I told him that this message kept coming on and he said it wasn`t pdi yet and that the mode limits power etc.. until it`s reset?

So long and short... both kick ass trucks..I can get a ram sport with more options for slightly less money. If the dodge dealer wants to deal and find me a truck with the options I want.. if not then maybe ford?

tough decision for anyone on fence.
Had to laugh to myself though as I told the ford dealer I was gonna try out the ram next even though I already did. Then came the dodge is crap, we just tested them all together and eco boost kills em all..blah blah.. hemi gas mileage is no where near what is advertised. I guess he doesnt know either is the eco-boost
Old 05-13-2011, 05:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Sly808 is on a distinguished road

I just bought a 2011 Sport CC and I absolutely love it. I'm just so impressed with all the interior features and how you can customize how you want your truck to behave. I'm used to just having a truck that comes with whatever is loaded from the factory. With this truck I can turn off the horn when I lock the doors, I can have the lights turn on when the wiper blades come on, etc. Plus it hauls some serious butt when you want it to. This is my first Dodge and I was a bit apprehensive but once I took ownership of it and drove it around for a few days, I was totally sold.