DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
littlebugpaint is on a distinguished road
Default Drainage holes in the bed

So I have the factory spray in bedliner and there are only slits in the front part of the bed. Water fills up in the bed and doesn't drain. There doesn't take much debris to stop the little slits up. Anybody have the same problem? Any ideas short of drilling bigger holes through the bedliner?
Sponsored links
Old 05-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

Not sure about the 3500 but my new 1500 has a drain hole in the front center of the bed and small slits between the bed floor and the bed walls that run the full length of the bed. I have attached a few pics but it is dusk here so i am not sure how clear they might be. If yours has the same, you might check to be sure they did not clog these when the sprayed in the liner.

If this does not apply in your case, any pics you can post might help us determine the problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1136 (Large).jpg (124.9 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1135 (Large).jpg (126.8 KB, 186 views)
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 05-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
littlebugpaint is on a distinguished road

Thanks Razorbass, I think that's what has happened bc it is like a swimming pool in the back of the truck after it rains. I will try to take some pics tomorrow in the daylight and see if I can figure out how to post them. From what I can tell it is just two slits at each corner at the front of the bed.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

The slits that run at the base of the sidewalls from front to back should be clearly visible (at least on the 1500). Although they are only about an 1/8" wide (at best), I can see daylight through mine.

The hole in the front center of the bed should be straight down from the middle of where your back cab glass is. Would be easy for any and/or all of these to become clogged if a "lazy" worker did your spray liner in a hurry.

As far as posting pictures, when you type your reply to this thread, scroll down and look a for the button that says "Manage Attachments". This will walk you through how to post thumbnails to your message similar to what I did in my earlier post. Hope this helps!
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 05-10-2011, 11:01 PM
erm

And here I was just about to suggest drilling huge holes.

What I do is park my truck so that the tailgate points downhill. No water problems. But if you can't do that, and still have the stock suspension rake, widening the slits or drilling some small holes near the cab would definitely work for ya.

Good luck!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

I would never in a million years argue with any suggestion Maddog makes on this forum but I would definitely be sure you check out the slits first to make they are not clogged. I will try to get some better pictures, maybe with a flashlight shining up from below, to show what the gap should look like.

Now, that being said, one of the first things I bought for my ride was a Bakflip F1 tonneau cover. Therefore, I have never had a lot of rain build up in the bed so it is possible the slits won't make that much of a difference. But I find that hard to believe. Water will always find a way to drain when one is available if there is nothing preventing gravity from taking its natural course.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebugpaint View Post
So I have the factory spray in bedliner and there are only slits in the front part of the bed. Water fills up in the bed and doesn't drain. There doesn't take much debris to stop the little slits up. Anybody have the same problem? Any ideas short of drilling bigger holes through the bedliner?
Sorry littlebugpaint, it was raining here tonight so I could not try to get some better pictures. Calling for rain tomorrow but if it clears out, I will do my best to get some for you.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbass View Post
I would never in a million years argue with any suggestion Maddog makes on this forum ........
Why Not ?!?
Just because MADDOG has that fancy Gold Administrator Badge and a Titus sized Ban Hammer and knows all and sees all on the forum and carries the respect and backup of all the other Administrators and Moderators??

Hmmmm.....OK....I get it. .....Sorry Boss....back to work!

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 05-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Why Not ?!?
Just because MADDOG has that fancy Gold Administrator Badge and a Titus sized Ban Hammer and knows all and sees all on the forum and carries the respect and backup of all the other Administrators and Moderators??

Hmmmm.....OK....I get it. .....Sorry Boss....back to work!
EXACTLY! Also why I would not argue with your either Brad. Too many of them fancy badges by your member name.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbass View Post
EXACTLY! Also why I would not argue with your either Brad. Too many of them fancy badges by your member name.
Yah...they do look pretty cool.

***** Start Thread Jack *****

But never hesitate to challenge any member here if you believe that we have posted inaccurate information. Although we all should try to ensure we understand the question before offering a solution, sometimes the scope/intent of the question is misunderstood. That's where the power of the Z's vast and knowledgeable membership shows it's strength.

One thing to watch for; many of us will throw a quick quip with a smiley or 2 to add humor as apposed to a suggestion. Sorta like Maddog's 'big hole' suggestion.....had me laughing.

Badges, or no badges, all members have their strengths, and weaknesses. It is the collective strengths and experiences that come to the rescue when a weakness shows, or a member needs the help/information to correct an issue, or succeed in a mod.

Your participation is certainly enjoyed, and I look forward to seeing the first of many available badges show up beside your avatar.

***** End Thread Jack *****

As for the truck bed drainage, like others have posted here, there are drainage 'slots' at the front of the bed. If the applicator of the spray in liner is not careful, they will plug these drainage slots. IMO, that's shotty workmanship, and can be quite difficult to clean out without causing some minor damage to the protective surface over the metal....which could in the long term lead to rusting at that location.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI