DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2002
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
partymn is on a distinguished road
Default Superchips results

Ok, so I finally have enough gas receipts to make this interesting. I bought my truck in November 2010, it was already equipped with CAI and Cat Back Exhaust. The first thing that I did was the sea foam treatment, I did this for 2 consecutive tanks to make sure that I got it nice and clean, then I changed all of the oils to full synthetic for good measure. I do my fuel millage by hand for every full tank so that I know that it is accurate. I drive from sea level to 1000 feet and back to sea level twice a day back and forth to work so the average gain will very alot on driving conditions.

Pre superchips I ran 10 full tanks with a average of 14.14 miles to a gallon.

Post superchips with a 92 octane setting I ran 10 full tanks with an average of 15.62 miles to a gallon.

That is a pretty dang good result for a 200 dollar investment, I have saved that in gas already and will continue to do the same over time. The power and drivability has greatly improved and I am now content with my truck. Prior to the superchips I was on the edge of driving the truck off a cliff into the ocean to make myself feel better. Still planning on trading my truck in the future for something else, after the wife gets her new truck, but for now I am very happy with the results. I highly recommend the superchips programmer if you want to improve you truck.
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Great results, I'd consider a tuner for that gain too.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
crownaviation is on a distinguished road

Yeah, especially with those Osama,,, I mean Obama prices! That thing is a better investment than gold! I did get good MPG results with my Superchips. I am back down in MPG, but using a Custom SCT tune now for performance...well it is what it is. 10-11 MPG HWY @70 with the 4.56 and 33"x12.5"X20" Nittos. Bout $800/mo in gas...greeeeeennnnn meeeeee! I really don't care, like to drive my ol' truck ;-)

Last edited by crownaviation; 05-03-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:13 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:29
Blue Bear is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
Ok, so I finally have enough gas receipts to make this interesting. I bought my truck in November 2010, it was already equipped with CAI and Cat Back Exhaust. The first thing that I did was the sea foam treatment, I did this for 2 consecutive tanks to make sure that I got it nice and clean, then I changed all of the oils to full synthetic for good measure. I do my fuel millage by hand for every full tank so that I know that it is accurate. I drive from sea level to 1000 feet and back to sea level twice a day back and forth to work so the average gain will very alot on driving conditions.

Post superchips with a 92 octane setting I ran 10 full tanks with an average of 15.62 miles to a gallon.

That is a pretty dang good result for a 200 dollar investment, I have saved that in gas already and will continue to do the same over time. The power and drivability has greatly improved and I am now content with my truck. Prior to the superchips I was on the edge of driving the truck off a cliff into the ocean to make myself feel better. Still planning on trading my truck in the future for something else, after the wife gets her new truck, but for now I am very happy with the results. I highly recommend the superchips programmer if you want to improve you truck.
What does the Sea Foam do?? I have heard a couple of guy talk about it, and dont know what it is. Where can i find the sea foam

Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake, HBS 2.5 Leveling Kit, Tinted front windows, tinted tail lights and 3rd brake light, and more to come.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:19 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:327
starquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the rough

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment.html

There is the site with detailed info for their products. It gives great details about how and when to use. Basically it's an engine/fuel system cleaner than you can use by mixing with your fuel, engine oil, or by introducing directly into the intake system.

I do wonder...for people that have used it....which is better to clean the top end/valves, the liquid or the spray?

I think you can get it at most autoparts stores. I know for a fact that Advance Auto has it because they tried to sell me some last time I was in there.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Color: White
Davebandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by starquestbd22 View Post
http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment.html

There is the site with detailed info for their products. It gives great details about how and when to use. Basically it's an engine/fuel system cleaner than you can use by mixing with your fuel, engine oil, or by introducing directly into the intake system.

I do wonder...for people that have used it....which is better to clean the top end/valves, the liquid or the spray?

I think you can get it at most autoparts stores. I know for a fact that Advance Auto has it because they tried to sell me some last time I was in there.
I use Seafoam in every vehicle I buy. I just start it, remove the vacuum line from the brake booster and let the vacuum suck the seafoam into the engine. Let it go fast enough to get it in, nut not so fast that it kills the motor. Then shut it off and let sit for a couple of hours. When you start it, it might blow out a bunch of smoke, just let it. That means it's working!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 DODGE RAM
Trim Level: ST
Color: SILVER
07QUADCABTN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post

Where did you get it for $200?
Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge ram 1500 laramie
Trim Level: laramie
Color: sagebrush pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
bunky is on a distinguished road

I just added the superchip tonight. My average before was 15.5 MPG. Just wondering what I might expect to get in the future. I programmed using the Mileage XS feature. Is this the best feature to use while trying to get better fuel mileage.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:14 PM
erm

That's good news! With the exhaust and intake on the truck, the programmer will help optimize engine efficiency, use all that good air in and bad air out, improving mileage.

congrats on the gains!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:19 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Sage Brush Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:219
MOPAR MULiSHA has a spectacular aura aboutMOPAR MULiSHA has a spectacular aura aboutMOPAR MULiSHA has a spectacular aura about

Congrats on the gains! What model Superchips? 3865 or 3950?

2012 Sage Brush Pearlcoat Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab Hemi 4x4 w/ Ram Box Storage System