DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 3500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White and Mineral Gray
Rep:232
Cowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura about
Default Sirius subscription went MIA!!!!!

I just bought my truck in March and have never had satelite radio before, so the other day I went ahead and tried listening to it for the first time in a couple of weeks and all I can get is preview channel. Call the dealership and they tell me I have to call sirius.

I call Sirius and they have no record of my VIN number or of me having any service at any time. It worked two weeks ago and had been working since I first test drove the truck in late February or early March. Spent about two hours on the phone with the customer service person who finally tells me I will have to have the dealership call and verify the vehicle and get the ESN of the RBZ radio.

Took it to the dealership today and they have everything fixed in less than a half hour. Even the tech at the dealership was confused. He said that the had neer had to go through and verify everything like that on a vehicle that had already had the service up and running before.

Now I am supposed to call back in a few days and verify that everything is still working.

Hopefully this is not a common thing or I will not be keeping a subscription next year. Also, I am thinking they must have changed their channels around because nothing seems to match up with the directory that came with the truck.

I did get my presets all set again. I will be taking a 1200 mile road trip here in just over a week and I really would like to have the radio working.

Here's to hoping!!!!

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
My first Dodge photo thread
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2011, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500 4.7L Standard
Trim Level: TRX4 OFF ROAD
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:55
JayBones will become famous soon enough

Yes, the channels were all just changed. Only a few remain at the same numbers they were before. I've had no issues with my subscription thus far.

Edit: Channels were updated so XM and Sirius channels match up.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:11 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

They did a channel update on the 4th of May. Look at www.siriusxm.com site and you can print up a new channel guide.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:42 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2664
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

when you do renew your subscription, get at least a 3 year renewal or the Lifetime Subscription
the person that answers the phone is in India & they don't know a thing about what they are selling, insist on talking to someone that is familiar with ALL the Sirius Plans

you save about $30 a year for the 2 year plan, maybe twice that or more for the 3 year plan. Lifetime Plan saves you a ton, but don't get unless you plan on keeping your Ram for many years, because they charge you to transfer the lifetime plan
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-12-2011, 11:18 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500 4.7L Standard
Trim Level: TRX4 OFF ROAD
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:55
JayBones will become famous soon enough

I might add to my previous post that I am in Canada. And from what I can tell Sirius Canada customer service is vastly different to that of Sirius US customer service. I've had none of the issues that a lot of US customers have been reporting.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
fdny37 is on a distinguished road

I have a recurring issue, having bought my truck in January with a one year free subscription Sirius shut it down after three months. When I called to find out what was going on they tell me that they only give three months free on all new vehicles. Needless to say that I had to talk to a supervisor to get it straightened out. Now the down side, I will have to call them every three months to get it going again. You would think that the car manufacturers and Sirius would be on the same page seeing how this was offered from Dodge and not the dealer.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:42 PM
erm

that is interesting...mine never needed to be verified. I pulled the SSN off of my head unit, went back inside, entered the SSN on the website and activated my subscription. And it worked for a year with no problems.

Of course, I was paying for a new subscription and not having to deal with the free trial issues.

When I called Sirius on something, they were extremely difficult to deal with. When my subscription came due, I did not renew. Then those so and so's kept bugging me to come back, offering several incentives. I passed on the offer.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

Sirius customer service is notoriously bad. When I bought my new Ram, I traded my old Chevy that had XM. I also have two other radios for a total of three accounts with them. I called to cancel the Chevy and add the new free one-year subscription. They told me they would have to charge me $75 for cancelling my radio. I said it was simple math, three radios yesterday, three radios today so you will not be charging me $75. Then they "accidentally" disconnected me and I had to go through the entire process again with a different person in India. By the time they were through, it was so screwed up even they could not make sense of it. He asked, "is there anything else we can do for you?" and I responded with "I don't see how you could possibly @#%* this up any worse than you have."

So, I told them to go into my account information, turn off my automatic renewals on all three radios and remove my credit card information from their system as I would no longer require their service when the current contracts were up. The result...I had a check for the full refund amount on the old truck in less than a week. Regardless, I will have to seriously consider whether I will renew each radio. I love satellite radio and have been a subscriber for 10 years. It's a shame something as simple as good customer service if so hard for some companies these days.
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 05-13-2011, 05:15 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2664
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I liked my XM in my old truck & same goes for the Sirius in my Ram
I travel a lot & i drive in many areas that don't have either AM or FM
so Satellite is all that i listen to, no hunting for a new station every time i leave a metropolitan area
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-13-2011, 05:19 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
mriboy is on a distinguished road

Man I must luck out everytime I have switched over it was fast and easy. They do charged me 15 dollors to transfer between the vehicles.