DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of
Default Floor Lighting

One major lacking feature in my Ram is floor lighting. I really want to add floor lighting triggered by the interior lights. I have seen a couple of pics of floor lighting done but where did everyone tie into the interior lights?

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Sponsored links
Old 05-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

I'll be watching this thread as I have also been wondering how to put in some cab floor lighting (Which circuit to tie into). The problem with the interior lights is that they auto dim and taping any load into that circuit could cause problems. May just use a seperate switch but perhaps someone has already done this. I have added a subscription to this thread.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:59 PM

Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

Here is something to think about. Searching the threads within this awesome forum I stumbled across the bed lighting accessory by Dodge. In the install instructions it states to tie into the dome lights. I've attached the install instructions. I'm thinking a couple of LED strips under the dash on either side will do the trick nicely.
Thoughts guys?

Here is the original thread that gave me the idea....
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=53330
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Interior Lighting.pdf (487.3 KB, 962 views)

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Last edited by Stump3r; 05-13-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Yup I think tapping into that circuit using a string of LED lights should do the trick. I actually just put LED lighting under my bed rails however tapping into the cargo light circuit for those (with my own relay). As I mentioned above my only concern is the way the interior lights auto dim. Would like to hear if anyone has actually tapped into the circuit shown in the Mopar instructions.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:20 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

If you're using LEDs, and you don't go overboard on the number of them, then you shouldn't stress the circuit too badly. I would personally use some sort of relay and definitely a fuse of sorts.

I'm not certain, but I think they now make a relay that will cause the lights to simply shut off, rather than dim when it senses that the voltage has dropped below a specific level... this would further help prevent strain on the circuit.

just my two cents

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 06-09-2011, 08:38 PM

After an exhaustive search I finally found what I was looking for.

Flexible LED's and I found them in of all places Walmart!

Will be wiring these in on the weekend as per the bed LED diagram above. Will be interesting to see if they do what I want them to.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Very interesting; can't wait to see them installed.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST 1500 Quad Cab
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:79
M n M will become famous soon enough

Here's my thread on how I wired my LEDs into the vehicles dash lights. Hope this helps.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=81702
Old 06-10-2011, 06:25 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
FireWire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by M n M View Post
Here's my thread on how I wired my LEDs into the vehicles dash lights. Hope this helps.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=81702
Do you know if that same unused harness would be on the models with a centre console?

Jeff
Old 06-10-2011, 07:33 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
JimmyNichols is on a distinguished road

Here a sight I use to buy strip lighting for my robotics team. Pretty much looks like the same thing from walmart, only you can buy it in spools.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...FLS.htm#photos