DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
galfer is on a distinguished road
Default another bad dealer experience

this is kind of a rant at the moment

so as most of you know i just bought a used 2011 ram 1500 sport just over a week ago. i will leave the name of the dealership out at this time and give them a chance to make it right.

but anyways, there was a nice door ding just below the window on the rear passenger door and a small hole in the headliner near the top of the driver door.

i brought it in monday to get fixed and pick it up today.. the door ding looks pretty good, but the hole in the headliner looks horrendous and i would have rather had the hole.

on top of that, there is what looks like white overspray on my nice leather wrapped stearing wheeel. grease or something on the driver pillar handle, some marks on my rear bumper next to the hitch. also my alignment is slightly off and pulling to the right now and my evic was down 2mpg and gas gauge on red (granted it had a little less than a 1/4 tank) and the shop they were bringing it to fix the ding was less than 2 miles from the dealership.

i brought this to the attention of the manager before i left with the truck and he wants me to call tomorrow morning when the used car manager is in (also who took the truck for repair)

Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I hope that it all gets resolved
little things like that do matter
if they get it close to right, give them some donuts & a smile
they will remember you
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-16-2013, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Crew Cab 1500 Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
blackpearldodge is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I guess I'm like you; I notice these things! And if the damage wasn't there beforehand then it shouldn't be there when you pick up your vehicle.
The headliner looks awful. That alone would make me bitch up a storm. That and the scuffs and the white overspray. Do you think they did something to the alignment or could it be you are just overly sensitive to everything right now? Not downplaying this...just asking a question.
I know where every ding and paint chips is (not many) on my truck. I too am always on "high alert" after I pick up my vehicle from the dealer.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:06 PM

No I understand what you're saying. But I've been driving the same long stretch back and forth to work here everday for the week I've had it and it drove perfectly straight. Now it wants to pull just slightly to the right. I had one of my girlfriends hair pins in the little indentation on the dash just above the radio and when I picked the truck up, on the way home I noticed it was in the passenger seat making me think they ramped a damn curb pretty good to make it jump out and thus throwing the alignment off.

Aside from the hole in the headliner and the door ding that they agreed to fix, the truck was virtuously flawless which is why I bought it. And had only had it a week when I brought it back for repair and there were no mishaps to compromise the condition on my part up dropping it off. But then I pick it up after it was supposed to have two things fixed and I get it back with 5 or so things wrong with it. totally Unacceptable and such poor workmanship.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation

Yes. Poor workmanship indeed. Those pics made me cringe. I am totally anal about my truck, as you, and I suspect most of us are, and giving the truck back to the customer in worse condition than when it came in is just unacceptable.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500 quad cab
Trim Level: St
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:42
Jimbug is on a distinguished road

I would be totally pissed if that was my truck.
On the lighter side, I must have the best dealership around, I bought my truck last June with 13000 miles and it seems like every month since then, they have called me to see how I like the truck and if there is anything they could do for me.
Just that little bit will keep me coming back to Dodge.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
I would be totally pissed if that was my truck.
On the lighter side, I must have the best dealership around, I bought my truck last June with 13000 miles and it seems like every month since then, they have called me to see how I like the truck and if there is anything they could do for me.
Just that little bit will keep me coming back to Dodge.
Yes. It is the little things like that that creates return business. I just called my dealer to schedule an oil change. They told me: "Just let us know what day is best for you, and we'll come pick it up from your work or home and have it back in around one hour." To be fair, I live about 5 miles from them, and I work about 3 miles from them, but still great service!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
M.Scipione is on a distinguished road

wow, I cussed out the service manager at my dealership for leaving bird shit on the hood!
Someone might get shot over that fiasco!
If it doesn't get resolved always know you can call chrysler and make a stink, they will go after the dealership.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Scipione View Post
wow, I cussed out the service manager at my dealership for leaving bird shit on the hood!
Someone might get shot over that fiasco!
If it doesn't get resolved always know you can call chrysler and make a stink, they will go after the dealership.
thanks for the tip! i will definitely keep that in mind..

after a bunch of bs and unreturned calls today i just drove to the dealership again after work and went and sat in one of the managers office.. they are very reluctant to fix things but said bring it back monday when they can schedule appts with the repairers and they will fix it.. im dreadful of leaving it again but i guess i dont have much choice if i want it fixed on their dime.. if they dont get it right im going to lose it. its taken everything ive got not to have choked the *******s already.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Hemi express quad
Trim Level: ST express
Color: Grey
Rep:195
RAM EM has a spectacular aura aboutRAM EM has a spectacular aura about

I would call Chrysler and let them know what happened BEFORE letting them touch my truck again. It sounds like they are really apathetic from management on down, and I would hate to see things go from bad to worse. At least if corporate knows they would already have a heads up if it doesn't get resolved, and the dealer would know you're not going to put up with their bull$ h*t.

-DS Trinity- Hemifever tuned - 18" Magnaflow - BT catch can - 180 Tstat - 22" SRT10's - 305/45 Nitto 420 - SG 2/4 drop - blacked out heads/tinted tails - dechromed/debadged - 20% tint-