DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-18-2011, 12:03 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of
Default Dude, I ALMOST traded in my Ram today...

I dont know why but something was telling me to. We looked at KIA's mostly...the Sorento...(not a bad car, but nothing to write home about)

And well, it did not go well.

They wanted to put her in a 2011 Sorento EX with the 2.4L and AWD. Cool, no navigation, but did have bluetooth and ipod connection. No sunroof, but had AWD, decent (not great) fuel economy) and that AWESOME warranty. They initially wanted 24k. Then we talked numbers. This is where it gets hilarious.

Somehow, someway they came up with $478/month, 31k OTD and 7% interest at NINETY-SIX MONTHS!!!!! I was FLOORED. On my (nearly) perfect credit score?! I am like a few points shy of perfect at all 3 agency's! Can they even do that? Thats a damned mortgage for cryin' out loud! Needless to say I walked away and that was that. So basically, they wanted to rape me for 8 years for a car that doesnt even have everything the customer (my wife) wants. It wasnt a total loss, I got to drive the new turbo Kia Optima...man what a dream. I did things in that car that should only be done in an Evo or Sti...

But thankfully my wife pulled me back to reality (not that I was ever considering taking that shitty of a deal) and told me not to trade in my prixed posession.

So there it is, Glad one of us has their head on straight.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like they wanted to steal your truck and then burry your ass so deep in the Kia you'd never get out.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:23 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

yeah, no way man, my truck is PAID for. No freakin way. the only reason I was even entertaining it is cause my wife isnt comfortable driving it (size). I guess I wouldnt be trading it in, cause they werent gonna get it. They were trying to give me that car for that deal without a trade. I was gonna sell my truck outright.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 05-18-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 AM

Vehicle: 2004 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:31
charlieb is on a distinguished road

get her a nice little fiat from the dodge dealer and keep ur truck that cant be too big for her.lol
Old 05-18-2011, 01:15 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

im glad you did not trade in for a kia!!!!!!
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 05-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb View Post
get her a nice little fiat from the dodge dealer and keep ur truck that cant be too big for her.lol
^^^^ You should take this advice
Old 05-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 99 4x qc150. 95.250 4x 5.9 gas
Trim Level: sport 150, slt 2500
Color: bl or gy
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
slimjim is on a distinguished road

To answer your questions, yes, they can add several points to their interest rate, reg ardless of your credit score. You can negotiate that down. dealers get a buy rate about 1/2 point below what your bank or Cred. Union can offer & the finance co gives back to the dealer some of the increased rate they charged you. Typically they can raise your rate up to 3 points above their "buy rate". I don't doubt they loaded your payment by adding huge extended warranty, L A & H ins (life, accident & health) & apparenty added other fee's such as ADP (added dealer profit) and other items you didnt want or discuss. They do this to get you to hit the roof and say OMG, I cant afford $479 till my unborn kid graduates college as a Dr! But I can do no more than $450. They meet your $450/mo you sign and are burried paying 1000's more than the car & taxes equal. And yes it is legal! BUYER BEWARE! Do your homework long before you shop. Start out of town to get an idea whats the best deal and then go to your local dealer to make the purchase. You dont want to buy it out of town for service reasons and convience. I hope this helps you and others.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:00 PM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

well if you liked kia's, Hyundai (Hyundai owns Kia) is really good and the dealer near me is giving a 200,000 mile power train warranty
Old 05-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Crew Cab / 3.92 rear end
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Stone White
Rep:917
Big Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to behold

Try not to get into negotiating payments, look at the bottom line out the door price. The website http://www.truecar.com/ is a pretty good pricing tool I like to start with. Once you get a good idea of the pricing based on thorough research go ahead and calculate some different payment senarios based on rates you can get from the bank or credit union and make a note of them. Keep it in your pocket and once you get a deal in writing on an out the door price you can live refer to it during the financing stage. That way you'll know in advance about what your payments should be. Say, if you finance $20,000 your payments would be about X on 24 months, Y on 36 months and Z on 48 months. Get your out the door price then decide on the payment schedule that works best for you. Like slimjim said it's Buyer Beware but if you do your research and walk in fully prepared you've got the tools to build yourself a good deal.

Marching to Mamasita's beat for a real real long time...

Dennis
Old 05-18-2011, 09:06 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Express 5.7L 4x4
Trim Level: EXPRESS
Color: FLAME RED
Rep:27
letsjet is on a distinguished road

If you can't do the payments for a 48 month loan you don't want it no what it is. Fours years seems like forever when paying off a car. Nothing works better than a HUGE down payment, either CASH, trade in or both. At a dealer you throw away at least two grand in dealer fees, add on's, and taxes before any cash is actually applied to the car price. So you just threw $2K in the trash by buying at the dealer.