DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

im gonna agree with everyone else just get more practice and try to find that sweet spot where you wont get too much wheel spin and if you do decide to mod later on down the road the intake exhaust and programmer are a must lol but like you said bud just find a back road and do some practice and you will eventually find that sweet spot and once you do id say go for a rematch
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2011, 05:33 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Metallic Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:75
nYmPhMoBiLe08 will become famous soon enough

Haha im sorry for the rude remark but you are a part of a forum where people mod their trucks to the extreme but your truck is badass and it shouldnt be messed with a whole lot. I would just keep practicing and maybe get some better tires. The Tundras are quick but you should still beat them and the SS is stock supercharged so they have a big advantage. Traction and reaction time seem like your two biggest issues but good luck and get some kills!!!

Current MODS: | Bilstein 5100's (Front) | Monroe Coil Overs (Rear) | Tow Mirrors | Husky Tool Box | Plasti-Dipped Badges/Gas Cap | 295/70/17" Nitto Trail Grapplers | 17X9" Fuel Boost Wheels | 3" DMH Cutout | RT Stripes \\ | WeatherTech Floor Liners |
Old 05-20-2011, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

I think the Silverado SS are NA from the factory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nYmPhMoBiLe08 View Post
Haha im sorry for the rude remark but you are a part of a forum where people mod their trucks to the extreme but your truck is badass and it shouldnt be messed with a whole lot. I would just keep practicing and maybe get some better tires. The Tundras are quick but you should still beat them and the SS is stock supercharged so they have a big advantage. Traction and reaction time seem like your two biggest issues but good luck and get some kills!!!

Old 05-20-2011, 05:51 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:69
ramrt1993 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYmPhMoBiLe08 View Post
It's all good, I was quite frustrated at the time I read your post, and I just need to blow off some steam. Practice is obviously essential if I'm gonna win, so I'm gonna practice. But I have a few questions. Traction control mode on or off? Tow/haul mode on or off? I noticed when I turn tow/haul mode on, it puts me in 5th gear. There's no way I'm gonna launch my truck in 5th gear! And I really don't have the skill to be manually shifting it. Any thoughts?
Gatorhyde Spray In Bedliner-MGP Red Brake Caliper Covers-Tinted Windows-Partially Debadged-aFe Stage 2 Intake-180 Thermostat-Groundforce 2" Rear Drop-BT Catch Can-Fastman Throttle Body-ARH Headers 1 3/4"-True Dual 22" Magnapacks-100% Synthetic Amsoil-TYC V6 eFan-Hemifever Tune
Old 05-20-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay9 View Post
I think the Silverado SS are NA from the factory.
Agreed. They have a naturally aspirated 6.0L. Their advantages are AWD, and an upgrade from the 5.3. However, that 6.0L only makes 345 HP, and his truck weighs over 400 pounds more than mine! Plus he had two passengers compared to my own passenger. Oh, and his tranny is a 4 speed.
Gatorhyde Spray In Bedliner-MGP Red Brake Caliper Covers-Tinted Windows-Partially Debadged-aFe Stage 2 Intake-180 Thermostat-Groundforce 2" Rear Drop-BT Catch Can-Fastman Throttle Body-ARH Headers 1 3/4"-True Dual 22" Magnapacks-100% Synthetic Amsoil-TYC V6 eFan-Hemifever Tune
Old 05-20-2011, 05:57 PM

Vehicle: 2009 QC 4wd
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:146
jc4041 will become famous soon enoughjc4041 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrt1993 View Post
It's all good, I was quite frustrated at the time I read your post, and I just need to blow off some steam. Practice is obviously essential if I'm gonna win, so I'm gonna practice. But I have a few questions. Traction control mode on or off? Tow/haul mode on or off? I noticed when I turn tow/haul mode on, it puts me in 5th gear. There's no way I'm gonna launch my truck in 5th gear! And I really don't have the skill to be manually shifting it. Any thoughts?

it doesn't put your truck straight to 5th...would be funny to try and see a truck start in 5th while towing....you start in 1st like normal...it just takes OD off, shortens the gears and disables mds....you'll be fine
'07 Dodge Charger SRT8 SuperBee #579-CAI, DSP, dual Cherry Bomb Extremes
-Jeff
Old 05-20-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc4041 View Post
it doesn't put your truck straight to 5th...would be funny to try and see a truck start in 5th while towing....you start in 1st like normal...it just takes OD off, shortens the gears and disables mds....you'll be fine
Perhaps you can help me to understand this, cause in the EVIC, it says 5th gear as soon as I put the Tow/Haul mode on. Just like when you're using the shift selector.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:22 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Metallic Gray
Rep:75
nYmPhMoBiLe08 will become famous soon enough

Manual shifting isnt that hard but good luck keeping traction in first but practice that too!

Current MODS: | Bilstein 5100's (Front) | Monroe Coil Overs (Rear) | Tow Mirrors | Husky Tool Box | Plasti-Dipped Badges/Gas Cap | 295/70/17" Nitto Trail Grapplers | 17X9" Fuel Boost Wheels | 3" DMH Cutout | RT Stripes \\ | WeatherTech Floor Liners |
Old 05-20-2011, 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrt1993 View Post
Perhaps you can help me to understand this, cause in the EVIC, it says 5th gear as soon as I put the Tow/Haul mode on. Just like when you're using the shift selector.
that means that is the highest gear it will shif to. If you bump your shifter the the left so it reads 3 on the EVIC then you will be limited to first through third gears.

in short...if it's a standing start you always start off in first and the number on the evic is what gear the trans will shift up to.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:535
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

The EVIC doen't neccessarily display what gear you're in,
its mearly a suggestion/indication of the gear you're selecting/requesting

You can be strolling down the highway in 5th and bump the selector all the way down to 1st
but it certainly wont shift that low until you safely reduce your speed first.

The Ram's auto stick feature is not a real gear selector/changer like it is in some vehicles.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 05-20-2011 at 07:27 PM.