DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Ram Club Regional Chapters! > Dodge Ram Forum CANADA

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram RT
Color: Black
Rep:10
rugbyrebel is on a distinguished road
Default Feedback Pls - New 2011 Ram RT Purchase/Financing

Hi Everyone, I'm a new poster here...

My husband and I put a deposit on a 2011 Dodge Ram R/T at an Ontario dealership today. It's an amazing truck but I'm having some heart palpitations over the price and financing. The truck is for my husband and it's his "dream" truck... so obviously he's quite happy with the price!!

Through my work we are getting "preferred" pricing but I'm not sure if it's actually a good deal or not. I'd love some feedback from experienced Dodge buyers if possible. Here are the vehicle details:

-2011 Dodge Ram RT, black
-5.7 Hemi
- Tinted windows
- Fiberglass tonneau cover
- KNN air filter system
-Flowmaster exhaust upgrade
- Leather seats and dashboard
- Full media control system and NAV

The total price including 13% tax (grrr) and freight is: ~$38,000. Thoughts??

Also, I was really shocked at the financing... Dodge is offering 5.99% on a term up to 8 years. I find this absurd when other new vehicles have "special" financing anywhere from 0.99% to 3%. I know my bank couldn't get anywhere near 6% (usually banks are 7-10%) but it eats me alive knowing that we could save $100's of dollars/month financing if we purchased another vehicle at 1-2% financing (but of course, my husband ONLY wants the RT... don't blame him really, we looked at a few others and they just weren't the same ).

The sales person said he couldn't budge on the financing rate because it was set by head office. I pushed it a bit but nothing. Has anyone ever got a reduction on "standard" financing? The sales person did mention new incentives come out every month, so it's possible the financing could be lower as of July 1st if we waited.... but we risk losing the vehicle and there aren't very many available. My husband doesn't want to wait, I would though. Any "insider" insight on if the interest rates will change???

Sorry for the long post, but I would appreciate any feedback!

Thank you
Sponsored links
Old 06-19-2011, 12:17 AM
erm

First of all, Welcome to the forum!

Secondly, OUCH on the financing deal. Rates are creeping up and it's difficult in a tight economy to get financing at all. The lower rates you are referring to I believe are for leases, not purchases.

You could wait but have you shopped the deal to your bank, a credit union, etc????
Old 06-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks Maddog!

I haven't shopped for rates yet (because we only put the truck on hold today). I'm going to call some banks on monday and see... I'm not expecting much though, from past experience banks seem to be higher than dealerships We haven't signed a contract with the dealership yet... I'm trying to buy time to figure out better financing (hopefully).
Old 06-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the RamforumZ

My dealership searched for my financing, i had put $10,000 USD down at purchase time.
My credit rating was up in the 700 range
The company that accepted my loan was not a bank, it was a Credit Union, they let me have the loan at 3.3%, my own Credit Union when asked said that the best that they could do was 3.5%

so i guess the down payment & the credit rating is what loan companies care about
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Hi GTYankee,

That sounds like you got a good deal on the financing. Our dealership hasn't even looked at our credit rating yet (they just said flat out "5.99%"). I have a really good rating but my husband is practically non-existant (one of the reasons I want him to finance - he can build credit) so that may be detrimental to our rate.

I bank with a credit union, maybe they'll help us out. I'll definitely check.

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

welcome to the forum...glad to have ya aboard!!! as for the rating id check around as stated above....me i would love to have that kind of finance rate on my truck but i dont and to be honest i dont think thats very bad at all compared to what % im paying but im not even gonna get into that at the moment....but congrats on the new truck im sure you will both enjoy it to the fullest
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 06-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
LeKy411 will become famous soon enoughLeKy411 will become famous soon enough

I bough my 2011 RAM in Illinois and because I wanted all the truck month incentives I could not get 0% financing. So I saved $3,500. Well my credit score is a 756 and the rate they gave me was 5.99% over 60 months. When I did the math the incentives were not worth it.

I refinanced with my Bank and they gave me a rate of 3.14% over 36 months. I would look into bank options, this will save you half in terms of interest charges.

Also a lot of the Auto Dealerships in Illinois, practically everyone one of them uses Ally Bank and unless you are looking to get zero interest, they simply slap you with a 5.99% which is Ally max rate from what I have seen and read.

Last edited by LeKy411; 06-19-2011 at 04:43 PM.