DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:249
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

I gotcha. my goal is similar in that I'm looking to make about 420-430 rwhp and add a Circle-D 2600 rpm to go with it.

Stage 2 is underway by L&M Customs & HHP
Sponsored links
Old 05-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport RCSB
Rep:27
mgh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYKLR View Post
I gotcha. my goal is similar in that I'm looking to make about 420-430 rwhp and add a Circle-D 2600 rpm to go with it.
No problem, many forget that a turbo setup can do anything you want it to, it all depends on what compressor wheel you go with. I wanted to go all out, but now I am paying the price with breaking parts. Also, be careful with the TC tell them what your end power number will be. If they build you one now at 2600 stall, the more power you make the higher that stall will go.

Last edited by mgh; 05-23-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: sp
Old 05-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of

That sounds awesome!!!! Are you a shop guy or a garage tinkerer?? How much money would that single Y-turbo setup cost???
Old 05-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Rep:249
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
No problem, many forget that a turbo setup can do anything you want it to, it all depends on what compressor wheel you go with. I wanted to go all out, but now I am paying the price with breaking parts. Also, be careful with the TC tell them what your end power number will be. If they build you one now at 2600 stall, the more power you make the higher that stall will go.
good info on the stall. I'll hold off a while then and hang tight until the turbo kits are ready.

Stage 2 is underway by L&M Customs & HHP
Old 05-24-2011, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Hey MGH can make a write up on your 6.1l intake manifold swap? Im sure many folks here would love to make the swap themselves but are hesitant for fear of not knowing what there getting into. Any and all the details would be much appreciated. Thanks!

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Old 05-24-2011, 11:21 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

For the 6.1L manifold install you need a complete 6.1L intake, a set of 6.1L intake-5.7L head adapter plates (unless you want to port the heads to the 6.1L specs). I have also heard that the new eagle heads will match the 6.1L intake with no port matching, but I haven't seen anything to the affirmative on that one. You need to move the alternator and possibly the AC compressor out a bit, and inertia motorsports has a manifold kit for the ram hemi.

The intake adapter plates: $335
http://www.modernmuscleperformance.c...ds_p/mm-ia.htm

Inertia kit... bottom of the page above the 3.5L HO stroker kit. $425
http://www.inertiamotorsports.com/motors.html
Old 05-25-2011, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
My biggest concern on the 4G Rams going over 350 whp is the strength of the stock 545RFE transmission.
I've heard of at least 3 R/T's now who broke theirs or burnt up the clutches
...and I think a friend of yours, autobred was one of them.
Have not seen him post on any of the forums, since February.

Is he rebuilding it or replacing?

What kind of steps would one take to reduce the risk of damage?
Can it be built stronger without breaking the bank?

I'm at a crossroads right now, just into the 13's with basic mods (Tune/Intake/Exhaust/Tires)
the next hurdle is into the 12's but I'm not going to risk a stock tranny to get there by use of
Turbo, Supercharger, or Spraying an extra 100HP over stock without a trans upgrade of some sort.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 05-25-2011, 02:57 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

yeah it would be nice to also know what we need to do to bullet proof our trany...

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Old 05-25-2011, 06:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

You need a set of 6.1L intake-5.7L head adapter plates.
You need to move the alternator and possibly the AC compressor out a bit.

Not the case with the 4th gen. The new eagle heads are the same port shape as the 6.1. Also, the alternator and AC are not in the way.

Last edited by mgh; 05-25-2011 at 06:21 AM. Reason: misquote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

BlackRamHemi, you are correct, autobred roasted his trans the day after he left my shop. He was able to have it repaired under warranty, but they just replace the burned frictions with the same factory junk. I am going a different route, I will have a few extra frictions in all gears and I am using better parts.