DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of
Default tornadoin Joplin, Mo

Tornado came through Joplin, Mo earlier thiis afternoon.

Prayers going out to Stacy (BlueJet) and everyone else in the area

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill

Last edited by Toms Blue Ram 1500; 05-24-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 05-23-2011, 12:55 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

I was watching it on the radar here in Springfield, MO. It was an extremely strong storm. Luckily the supercell passed south of here, but still produced a fairly strong thunderstorm They're saying it was nearly 2 mile wide tornado. And the death count is up to 24.

My heart and prayers go out to those who were effected.

Last edited by jcasey10; 05-23-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:23 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Myself and my family are fine. We escaped with wind and hail damage but still have a home. I know many people who lost everything today and I am still in shock. Cell service here has been spotty at best so getting out via phone or text has been hard. I rode out the storm in a carport to save Blue from golf ball size hail (yes, I do have pics) and on the cell with Cajun who was telling me where the tornado was.

Please say a prayer for the people here, they will need as many as they can get.

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:34 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

STACY !....Grrrrrrr!
This is one time that pix don't matter! Your safety is 10 Kazillion times more important than any truck, or pix.

I am so glad to hear that you and your family came out of this alive, and with your homes relatively intact. My prayers go out to all that were affected by this tornado.

Well.....seeings as you took the pix (and probably risked your personal safety in doing so)....

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 05-24-2011, 01:50 AM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:56
Zac2109 will become famous soon enough

yes my prayers go out for everyone there that was affected...my exwife and daughter dont live too far from there and I got the call from my daughter last night scared out of her little mind, if theres anything I can do let me know Ill be in the area this weekend and would be glad to assist anyway I can.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:58 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Glad to hear you weathered the storm well Stacy.

I was hanging out in the hotel in Heavener, OK waiting for my train to get there, and wondering what was taking it so long. I almost lost my lunch when I heard about the tornado going through Joplin.

I have several co-workers who were on a train in Joplin when it came through... it was not pretty....

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 05-24-2011, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:56
Zac2109 will become famous soon enough

Ive emailed the Joplin MO city government and offered me and my dads help, as Im a firefighter and my dad is a paramedic, and we're both members of the Little Egypt Search and Rescue team in Southern IL.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:23 PM

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

A little update on Stacy..she sent me some pictures that I will upload for her. Please keep her and her family, and all affected in your thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Hail that hit last night. I had Blue under a carport but it was still hitting her. I didn't feel any dings but she is so dirty I won't know until I get the chance to really detail her.

Quote:
Driving back to the house after the storm had passed, already flooded and it rained here all day.
Quote:
Damage in the yard. That stairway went to a trampoline that ended up blown into the side of dad'a house. We got damage.

Quote:
The busted out window so someone could steal cigarettes from my store.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:25 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

That is just gut wrenching...

If she doesn't know, someone please let her know that there another high risk for tornados again tonight. I would hate to see more people lose their lives after this tragedy.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for the weather update jcasey10. I will email her now.