DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:14
Twjones87 is on a distinguished road

ok cool man thanks
Sponsored links
Old 05-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

BDS don't make a 6" lift for your truck. The 5" BDS lift would be around 1200.00 for your truck.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:20 AM

ok thats not too bad...any idea on biggest tire I could fit under after the kit?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

It says 35's but you could add a 3" body to that and fit 38's probably.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:166
Wildcat has a spectacular aura aboutWildcat has a spectacular aura about

One thing lost in all this discussion is what you are wanting to do with your truck. You said it would be a project. Are you looking for a show rig, just want the big tires, or are you looking to build something capable off road? If you are looking to build something for off road, are you wanting to run trails, play on the rocks or in the mud? All this would factor into what you decide to do.

Keep in mind that the higher you go, the less stable your truck will be because you have a higher center of gravity, which reduces your off road abilities. I have seen 39.5's on a truck will just a 4" lift and a 1" body lift, but he cut the fenders for clearance. There is a guy on this forum that is cutting fenders to fit 40-42" tires with only 4" of lift. You can see his thread HERE.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:03 AM

Well, I have come into tough times all of a sudden, and am having to get rid of my truck. I hate to, as I had BIG plans for it, but needing something a littl emore fuel friendly. Anyways, I appreciate all the info everyone has offered, and will be back to this site, as I plan on getting another RAM in the future...Can anyone tell me what is required for me to post a sale ad for my truck on this site? I have tried and it said I didnt have permission, just wondering what I need to do...thanks
Old 06-12-2011, 12:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Hemi SLT 4x4
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Stone White
Rep:132
Upstater will become famous soon enoughUpstater will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twjones87 View Post
Well, I have come into tough times all of a sudden, and am having to get rid of my truck. I hate to, as I had BIG plans for it, but needing something a littl emore fuel friendly. Anyways, I appreciate all the info everyone has offered, and will be back to this site, as I plan on getting another RAM in the future...Can anyone tell me what is required for me to post a sale ad for my truck on this site? I have tried and it said I didnt have permission, just wondering what I need to do...thanks
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope things work out for you. I believe to post in the "sale" section you need to have either a minimum of 75 posts or be a paid sponsor member (any level).

Can you post a couple of pictures here?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:52 PM

I am waiting for new headlights and fog lights to come in. When I bought it the driver side fog light was missing and the pass. headlight was all fogged up. After I get them replaced I will get some pics of it. Will probably be tuesday before I can get pics (thats when lights are supposed to be in).
Old 06-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Package
Color: Pearl Blue Metallic
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
dodgedustin is on a distinguished road

i have 12" of total lift and run 37" nitto trail grapplers and have a set of 44" tires on stock dodge wheels i had on my truck, but because of the stupid laws in illinois i was pulled over multiple times for bumper height not being even close to whats allowed. The law here says you can go around 30" from top of bumper to ground but now i am at 39" from the bottom of the bumper opposed to 46" when i had the 44" tires on, i havent been ticketed yet and i believe its because when state police stopped me in town he measured from the ground up to the bottom of my reese hitch. Its understandable why we have this law in illinois as we do have some moron drivers who love to slam on their brakes in front of you and with 44" tires you will definately go right over the top of them.....but maybe they deserve it for how they drive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0504111504.jpg (124.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 06-15-2011, 12:51 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:166
Wildcat has a spectacular aura aboutWildcat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twjones87 View Post
There is a post count minimum. I don't know exactly what it is, but until you reach that, it won't let you.