DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Washing & Waxing

Notices

Washing & Waxing Washing and Waxing your Dodge Ram! Talk about it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: white
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
bikergirl is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the comparison info. I have struggled with the Mothers / Meguairs dilemma before. Like you , I do find the Meguairs easier to remove. I have tried a few other brands but keep coming back to Meguairs because , for me , so far it has been the best line of products that I have tried. I do also like Autoglym but haven't tried their polish or wax yet. I used their (Autoglym's) interior detailing products and leather cleaner and leather balm. Good products.
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Try some professional-geared products and you'll have a better comparison. Even some detail sprays offer protection that is comparable to spray waxes. When you look at the time needed to apply the spray wax, you can expand your options to detail sprays, waxes, and even sealants that can be applied in a similar time frame.

I would recommend Optimum Car Wax [their wax option comes in a spray, not a paste]. You spray it on and immediately remove it, there is no need to allow it to dry, cure, haze, flash, etc. I guarantee that it will be one of the slickest spray waxes you could ever use, and it lasts months, not weeks like a traditional spray wax.

With that said, there are also spray sealants like Chemical Guys Hybrid V7

And even a rinseless wash can offer protection like Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax

Don't just stick to over the counter options as higher quality products will last longer on your vehicle and the product will go further.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:33
BostonBob is on a distinguished road

I was always a Zaino guy until I tried Turtle Wax ICE. Being a polish snob, I figured it was not going to work. I was delightfully surprised and would say it is pretty close to Zaino quality, without the price or cost of shipping.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
ARFF65 is on a distinguished road

I have been using Meguires quick wax and I think it looks pretty good. But I park outside under a tree and it doesn't stay clean for long.

I just ordered Hybrid V7 and will use that next time I get a chance to do a good cleaning.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:58
ptesmoke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
I was always a Zaino guy until I tried Turtle Wax ICE. Being a polish snob, I figured it was not going to work. I was delightfully surprised and would say it is pretty close to Zaino quality, without the price or cost of shipping.

ive never used any professional products, but ive been using the turtle wax ICE detail spray and i must agree...it seems to do one helluva job!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:43 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 HEMI
Trim Level: ST Express
Color: Bright White
Rep:71
Ezekielguy86 will become famous soon enough

After reading everything you guys have talked about I started doing little more digging and found a decent deal on BlackFire BOGO so we shall see how good it is.

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-spray-sealant.html
Old 07-12-2013, 07:16 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFF65 View Post
I have been using Meguires quick wax and I think it looks pretty good.....
Very, very under-rated product indeed.

All things considered - non professional line, easily purchased everywhere, very affordable, VERY easy application, very good results - it's a brilliant product!

It's the only Megs product I [still] have in my stash that I refuse to get rid off.

Grub out!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Red
Rep:21
molina67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
My suggestion would be, if you want a good shine in a short period of time would be; wash your truck, clay bar it, then put a professional name brand wax or sealant on it. This might take you the better part of a day. This will also give you a good foundation to work with. After that, when you finish washing your truck you can apply a spray detailer and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth and I think you will be happy with the results. Using the spray detailer should only take about 1/2 hour. Remember that "wax" only protects for about 4-6 weeks where a "sealant" protects for up to 6 months.
Jay
I have to agree, you should start with a good foundation... I Just completed a wash, clay, wax and seal that took about 4-5 hours to complete. I used a deep gloss liquid sealer, but in between waxing I have used both Maguires and Mothers. I have to say I like the ease of using Maguires ultimate quick wax over Mothers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-12-2013, 11:00 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Color: Flame Red
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

I use mothers caranuba spray wax and yes, it does take a little more to buff it out, but I'm satisfied with it. And believe it or not, amoral spray wax, I forget the name (orange bottle) works just as well. I picked it up on clearance and decided to give it a shot. Meguiars just doesn't give the depth I like.

I also use mother's paste wax, I love their products!
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress