DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:30
Al E. Gator is on a distinguished road
Default $140 to add uconnect sales code? Are they on crack?

I installed uconnect myself. I'm an avionics tech and it's not rocket science. So, I call up my selling dealer and ask to get it activated. Service manager comes back with $140 quote. My jaw hit the floor. This whole having to go through corporate computers to add sales codes before flashing your computer is BS. I know how the proces works, there's no way I'm paying $140 for them to add the code, wait 30 minutes and then flash the truck. You know while I'm being charged for the 30 minute wait they are working on someone else's vehicle and charging him too. The last time I wanted something flashed they wanted $80, I wasn't thrilled with it but was willing to pay that. But $140, no way. Now I'm off to find someone who will do this for a reasonable price. One thing's for sure the first dealer is never getting another dollar from me.
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2011, 10:44 AM

Vehicle: 2009 1500 SLT 4X4
Color: Stone White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:81
brokenwrench66 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info. I'm doing some mods and I'll wait to have a few codes added at the same time. Still, I'll be shopping around to see who's going to be reasonable and who wants to hose me. Like you, the reasonable dealer will be getting all of my future business.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
rodanst6 is on a distinguished road

Same story here, added remote start and they wanted $120 to flash the computer, so I thought I would wait until I had added a NAV radio thinking I would get both done at the same time, guess what the price went up to $180! How is that possible they already have the vehicle hooked up to the computer how can it be $60 more dollars to add one sales code??????

Looking for another dealer, I will not buy from the dealer I purchased from again.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:14 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
RedDodge is on a distinguished road

I think you should go see your sales person or the sales manager and let him know your concerns...If their the ones who sold you the truck and want to see you back again they'll attempt to help in some form... My sales guy helped me when I needed to get the flash for my trailer brake controller...I threw the mechanic $20 and was done.....

Mods: Tinted front windows, UnderCover tonneau bed cover, step rails, bed mat, cabin air filter, 4 corner mud flaps, slush mats, drop in K&N filter.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:45 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Black Pearl
Rep:42
Zippo973 is on a distinguished road

Silly question but.... is uconnect come with the radio or is it a separate add on. I'm curious because I'd like to add a stock sat. radio w\phone to my Ram
Old 05-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Zippo does your Ram have the antenna on the passenger side rear of the cab roof?
that is the satellite antenna for Sirius reception
If your radio is the one that has Navigation, it may already have Uconnect

Uconnect explained
https://www.dodge.com/crossbrand/uco...interface.html
------------------------------------------------------------

PERSONALLY, if you find out that you have to buy a different radio or parts for yours to make Uconnect work, there is a much better company that makes a system that works even better than anything Chrysler will be coming up with anytime soon.
It is a PARROT HANDS FREE device, & if your phone is an Apple device, they have hands free devices made for Iphones.
I used this in my last truck & i was EXTREMELY happy with it
it is already being factory installed in several high $$ vehicles
http://www.parrot.com/usa/products
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-26-2011, 06:03 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Rep:167
rtkman has a spectacular aura aboutrtkman has a spectacular aura about

Don't forget the computer to flash the truck isn't free either. Its not just the tech's time you are paying. Those computers are mega bucks. Someone has to pay for it. Not saying $140 is or is not unreasonable but just something to consider.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:20 PM
erm

That's a bit unreasonable. I can understand tech's labor and computer / tool time but the flash work doesn't take that long. It's gotta be the minimum book time they are going with unless they have a minimum 1 hour tech labor charge on all services.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:50 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Rep:167
rtkman has a spectacular aura aboutrtkman has a spectacular aura about

You figure what that tool is worth and how much you have to charge to make that tool not just break even but make it bring in money before chrysler makes them update to the next generation. Having 50k+ computers in our shop I know how hard it is. I know it seems expensive sometimes but someone has to pay for this stuff. Its best to get a couple prices though.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 laramie 1500 crew 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: white monotone
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
svetlecic is on a distinguished road

Man that does sound pretty high. Our labor rate $98 an hour and we do charge a minimum of a 1 hour charge on all customer pay operations. I cant see them having a rate that high. I would def shop around. Hell if you want to drive to northeast Louisiana I will do it for a 12 pack!
285/65/20 BFG , Weather tech floor mats and vent visors , Amp Research Power boards , Console Vault , Mopar side door moldings painted bright white , Avs aero skin bug shield , Daystar leveling kit , Many more to come!:smileup: