DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough
Default Painted Transmission Cooler Return Black...

Well after having my pressure line break from rust and replacing it I decided to paint my return line hopefully to slow down the effects of rust. Of course one can only hope it prolongs the life of the line but hey give it a try. Yea so anyways I painted it because the protective coating the manufacture sprays on it wore away so I didn't want it to rust anymore then it did so yea took some sandpaper did my best at a quick sanding then I painted it and now I'm watching the paint dry lol... I might paint my pressure line but I can't remove it from the truck for certain reasons. I'm not going to post pictures because it would be a pain to do but anyways I think it would be not only good to paint the lines to slow down rusting but it makes it look real nice so give it a try. If I could I would paint my return blue and my pressure red.
Sponsored links
Old 05-29-2011, 02:42 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, I don't have an answer so, it's time to .................... this back to the top!

Good luck with the fix and the painting!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:12 PM

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRam10 View Post
Hi, I don't have an answer so, it's time to .................... this back to the top!

Good luck with the fix and the painting!
Well it's a statement not a question lol that why I put it in the general talk thread. Anyways I was pretty much saying other ram peoples should consider painting their stock cooler lines because they rust and last thing you want is for the cooler line to burst while driving because you wouldn't even know it burst until the transmission blew. Now if you don't have stock cooler lines and you have the stainless steel braided ones then I envy you lol
But thanks, I painted them and installed em and it looks real nice I think I will try to take a photo but I see not much a point but hey photos tell the story hehe. I really would of loved to paint the pressure red and return blue maybe when I replace or rebuild my tranny I will do that with the new cooler lines. I'm not going to do any big time accessories because I have some floor pan rust and small body rust and need a paint job on the whole truck so it's not worth spending to much unless I get everything taken care of which will take time cause it's adding up.