DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough
Default another lockpick thread

I know there are a bunch of these but I was checking out the site and saw that the V4 was the new version and is shipping now on the main page. Then I looked some more and I saw the CHR550 Lockpick which ALSO says its the brand new version and its $100 more. Whats the deal with this? Which one is the new one? I am assuming the CHR550 is since it has 4 camera inputs but why do they both say they are new?

Also, can someone who has installed the front camera PLEASE post some pictures of your camera install in the front and also some pictures of the screen with the camera on? I am VERY interested in doing this since I can't seem to figure out how far I need to pull up when I am parking and I tend to leave a good foot of space in front of the truck leaving the rear end sticking out more then it needs to.. (I have been driving a tiny go-cart..... I mean sedan fir the past 11 years!)
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2011, 01:05 AM

Another question I have about this thing.. Since I have a stock back up camera could I just not worry about that when installing the lockpick? Does that have its own separate wire on the lockpick device? I want to keep that stock and I will never need to have that on while I am driving (been driving 11 years with out a camera at all). I mainly just want a front camera, and to be able to use the navigation while driving and a few of the other cool features on the lockpick. Can I use the license plate mount camera for my front camera? It seems like its made for the back but I don't see why it would matter. Also, any cheaper solutions as far as a front camera that I can mount easily with out drilling holes or anything?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:42 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

You may have to contact Lockpick to get some of the information you are looking for. Allgig is a vendor on this site and is Lockpick's major competitor. You should however be able to get the answer to your questions regarding mounting your camera.
Jay
Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 PM

I saw a picture recently of someones front cam mounted but I would like to see some other peoples solutions. I am still leaning toward the license plate mount though..
Old 06-03-2011, 10:54 PM

Can someone tell me how to view the ipod files and everything like this guy did in his demo video? I would love to be able to shuffle the music (if I can ever get the ipod to work anyway) and have it on the screen like that.. It looks like the same exact radio I have.. Do I HAVE to have the lockpick in order to see the music listed like that?

heres the link to the video..
Old 06-05-2011, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deepwater Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:89
gingrbredman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
Can someone tell me how to view the ipod files and everything like this guy did in his demo video? I would love to be able to shuffle the music (if I can ever get the ipod to work anyway) and have it on the screen like that.. It looks like the same exact radio I have.. Do I HAVE to have the lockpick in order to see the music listed like that?

heres the link to the video..
In order to use the Ipod like he is doing in that video, you need to have the Lockpick. It looks to me like the lockpick is sending a video "screen shot" signal of your ipod to the head unit so you can see all the selections you make with the steering wheel controls. Once you get used to controlling your ipod with your steering wheel controls, it is pretty easy.
Gusz 2011 RAM SPORT CC -Lockpick CHR550 -Hardwired Radar Detector - Custom Trailer Cam - -Fold a-Cover G4 - Bed Rug - Billet Shifter - Debadged - 18" Magnaflow - Custom Clear HID Projectors - LED Tailgate Bar - Custom Billet Badges -
Old 06-05-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
Another question I have about this thing.. Since I have a stock back up camera could I just not worry about that when installing the lockpick? Does that have its own separate wire on the lockpick device? I want to keep that stock and I will never need to have that on while I am driving (been driving 11 years with out a camera at all). I mainly just want a front camera, and to be able to use the navigation while driving and a few of the other cool features on the lockpick. Can I use the license plate mount camera for my front camera? It seems like its made for the back but I don't see why it would matter. Also, any cheaper solutions as far as a front camera that I can mount easily with out drilling holes or anything?
If you don't have a stock backup camera, you just don't connect that.

You could use a license plate mount for your front camera, as I though of at first too, but where would you route the wires? Seems cleaner to me to but it in the lower grille.

The other issue with a license plate mount is usually those cameras show a "mirror" image, meaning it would look like you were looking in your rear view mirror for backing up. If you couldnt view "normal view" on the one you got, it would look strange looking at the mirror image for a front camera.
Gusz 2011 RAM SPORT CC -Lockpick CHR550 -Hardwired Radar Detector - Custom Trailer Cam - -Fold a-Cover G4 - Bed Rug - Billet Shifter - Debadged - 18" Magnaflow - Custom Clear HID Projectors - LED Tailgate Bar - Custom Billet Badges -
Old 06-05-2011, 03:55 PM

It looks like most of the cameras out there have a setting to change it from mirror or regular mode..

How do you shuffle the ipod touch with the steering wheel controls? It always just plays the songs in order which gets old quick since it starts at the beginning every time you turn the radio back on.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:09 PM

Changing to normal view will be pretty important but I would still have a hard time trying to make the wires look neat.

Did you get the lockpick already? I'm nor sure on the shuffle function when using the iPod and the lockpick. I'll have to play with it some and let you know.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:05 PM

no, i do not have the lockpick yet.. can you shuffle without the lockpick?