DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:45
Chris65 is on a distinguished road

Is enough gas in it? Should be the firs first thing to check. A lot of a/c doing this, with dual system if not enough gas is in it. You don't see it by checking pressure. Evacuating and refilling and also watch the gsuges. They indicates a problem how they mive, too, if there is one.
Try and see.
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: Pat blue pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
theoreamunos is on a distinguished road

Good to know my Ram brothers are here for me...

Below is a thread I posted just a bit ago before I read you alls. Is it logical for me to think that if my passenger side vents (the side blowing far less cool) are still blowing full strength (just not cool), that I don't have a broken recirc damper vent?

Me to!!! My a/c system works great but...the two dash vents on the passenger side blow significantly less cooler air then the two drivers side vents. Which tells me its a plumbing problem. My dealer tells me it will take $1,000 worth of labor costs to pull the dash and investigate the problem. Has anyone experienced this kind of problem? Over the past year or so, whenever I turn the a/c system button on, I hear an "pop" sound beneath the car. I assumed that I some kind of valve opening. Now i'm assuming that sound has progressed to a sticking valve of some sort. Any suggestions or insight?
Old 05-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
slowhand is on a distinguished road

I have the same issues with my 06. Single temp control, pass/side not as cold. and the "pop" underneath on initial start up of the day or when it sits while at work. Any info about this??
Old 05-30-2013, 10:58 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L
Trim Level: Hemi Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:35
Danstona is on a distinguished road

I've been hearing the thud the last while too, doesn't matter whether I am in heating or cooling, nor the direction of where I want the airflow to travel... I'm assuming its a sticking blend door under the dash, but it really whomps when it closes or opens! Today for the first time I noticed that my A/C didn't seem to be working quite right... clutch was not kicking on and off though which would indicate a low charge. I was thinking that I have a plugged cabin air filter. Does anyone know if we have cabin air filters in our Rams?
Old 06-06-2013, 07:50 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT - Quad Cab
Color: Graphite Metalic
Rep:118
tjbiker031 will become famous soon enoughtjbiker031 will become famous soon enough

Well a low charge will definately make the compressor not turn on .The way it sounds in your post, you think that the cabin filter will prevent the compressor from kicking on. All the cabin filter does is filter the air going into the evaporator to help prevent it from clogging up.

Get your Factory Manuals here!! <link fixed>
Old 06-06-2013, 11:04 AM

Vehicle: 03 Ram
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: Red
SI Integra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhoman10 View Post
I am having some A/C problems maybe someone could help with, It will blow normal and cold on the passenger side but blows warm on the drivers side it is non climate control unit and both sides blow hard

For what it's worth; When I talked to Chris from Heater Treater, he mentioned a lot of rams having this problem exactly. He said the issue is generally the truck needing more refrigerant (r134.)

The flow of the air is not perfect in the rams hvac setup and if the refrigerant is set to exact oem specs (generally done by a computer these days) it may not be enough to evenly cool the system.

I cannot verify the validity of that statement, but I know that was the case for me with my heater core not heating evenly and per their instructions I fixed that rather easily.

Hope this can help some!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 SRW
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
DaFunktyFunk is on a distinguished road

Holy thread resurrection Batman!!! Sorry i brought up an old thread, I just joined and I I have had this issue doer the entire life of my rig and the dealer told me that this is NORMAL!! Yikes...

He even showed me a paper from star tech that said a 15 to 20 degree variance between passenger and driver is within their spec.

Naturally I called bs and said I don't care that you consider it "in spec", this is not ok. It blows 75 to 80 degrees while the drivers is a 60, that is not normal.

They replied that the freon is within specs and showed me their report. They should issue a recall or a tsb or something...
Old 06-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 08
Rep:12
ucanthngwme is on a distinguished road

Heatertreater or whatever his name is shows you tube videos about the warm passenger side with cold driver side issue.
I just started have the same issue as the original poster. Opposite of everyone else. Driver side is warm, passenger side cold. Loud thump too. I don't hear my compressor kicking on and off, but the passenger side is cold! All vents blow hard, just driver two are warm/hot!
Anyone find this exact issue and have it repaired? I will update when I figure it out. Taking my truck to a couple shops this week.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 08
Rep:12
ucanthngwme is on a distinguished road

Ok...took my truck to a local reputable a/c company. Turns out I was low on freon, but because I have a leak in my evaporator. Worst freaking place to have a leak! Entire dash has to come out to replace it.
I just added some leak sealant and freon(in one can) and it is blowing cold again on both sides. I'll just bandaid it for now. I'm not paying the $1200 price they want to change it out. When I get some time, or when summer is over, I'll dig into changing it out myself.