DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4X4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:110
RAMTX will become famous soon enoughRAMTX will become famous soon enough

looks good man, i like the red. You give me a good idea. lol. thanks for the pics!!! rep points for that.
Sponsored links
Old 06-06-2011, 02:39 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Crew Cab 1500 Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
blackpearldodge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs283020 View Post
I just used a can of Krylon Fusion because it actually adheres to plastic unlike other spray paints. I picked the red and was actually happy when I saw that it came out more like the Mopar Orange.

A little of both! Thank you! I took the time to mask it all out. Taking the patience and a exact o-knife you can work wonders.

Thanks guys makes me feel better doing it with all the input on it. Honestly though, how much more would it have cost to paint this from the factory?

You must have done quite a bit of masking, no?
Do you have any "during" pictures to post? I'd be interested (as I'm sure others are too) on how you masked off the rest of the cover. Just curious how you went about masking off everything to get the raised-effect of the orange lettering. Did you first apply masking tape over the entire area and then just carefully cut out the lettering? Any tips would be appreciated!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:15 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:54
gs283020 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpearldodge View Post
You must have done quite a bit of masking, no?
Do you have any "during" pictures to post? I'd be interested (as I'm sure others are too) on how you masked off the rest of the cover. Just curious how you went about masking off everything to get the raised-effect of the orange lettering. Did you first apply masking tape over the entire area and then just carefully cut out the lettering? Any tips would be appreciated!!!

New to the posting of work. Wish that I did take photos during but didn't think to do so. It really was easier than it looks. Make sure you use painters masking tape since it is a little more flexible and peels off easier. I did all the straight edges first like the straight letters and borders. Then I filled in covering the letters with the masking and cut the gaps with a hobby knife. Peeled off the potion covering the letters. The rest of the cover I simply masked down 4 pieces of thick newspaper. 1 to each edge. It really was easy just take your time, don't rush it, and take pride in your work. Trick do doing all jobs right. Lol
Old 06-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I think it looks great, you did an excellent job masking that out and painting it. Much better than stock. Reps to ya !!!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:54 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

for the good clean mod!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Nice job and it looks good! You are right though that Dodge could have done something to make that cover stand out a little. I did mine a while back in blue, take a look here if you want to see how it turned out
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=72896
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 06-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 laramie 1500 crew 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: white monotone
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
svetlecic is on a distinguished road

Man you did a awesome job on your cover. Im thinking about painting mine just havent had the time yet.
285/65/20 BFG , Weather tech floor mats and vent visors , Amp Research Power boards , Console Vault , Mopar side door moldings painted bright white , Avs aero skin bug shield , Daystar leveling kit , Many more to come!:smileup:
Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

lookin good bud i like the red also!!!
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 06-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Divemaster is on a distinguished road

Nice Job, you have inspired me........another thing to squeeze into my schedule!!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:01 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:54
gs283020 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Nice job and it looks good! You are right though that Dodge could have done something to make that cover stand out a little. I did mine a while back in blue, take a look here if you want to see how it turned out
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=72896

Well thanks man! I have nothing on yours though. I really like the LED lighting. That is awesome for the emblem. Now you gave me ideas. I am also kind of considering painting the sides blue as well like yours after seeing it. Would match my AFE Blue filter too.

Thanks everyone for the input. Made the time it took to mask that all off worth it!!!