K&N CAI, Removed Door Pillar Tape and De-Badged!
Installing the CAI & removing the pillar tape was so much easier than removing the badges.
Word of advise for all...
Remove the badges in the direct sunlight and use Goo Gone oil not Gel Spray.
- Used 9KG weight rated picture hanging nylon to remove the badges
- Picked the top edge of the foam and adhesive back and coated in Goo Gone Oil
- Left in the direct sunlight for about 8 minutes
- Peeled off the badge backing foam and glue without any problems.
- Finished the badge removal areas with a quick wax and buff.
The side of the truck in the shade took me 3X as long as the side in the sun.
Next on the list.... 35% Tint on the Front, Magnaflow 18" Muffler or Cherry Bomb Vortex 16", Lamin-X 35% Smoke front and rear light film, Recon Black 3rd Break Light.
Not too sure what to do with the rims yet.. I really don't want any chrome on this beast