DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
Bigboy65 is on a distinguished road
Smile 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT - Sirius Settings

Hello to all, just joined this forum after having been and still a member of the avenger forums. Please help me with my new Sirius radio in my new truck. I am trying to get the display to default to the song being played rather than it defaulting to the station I am tuned to. In my avenger the default on Sirius is to have the song, and time displayed. When pressing info you get the group or singer of such song. The only settings while tuned to Sat in the new truck is to set the time and showing the sat ID. Since the new trucks dont come with the owners and users manual anymore I just cant find any other settings. Its probably easy as pie but I just dont see it....Thanks Guys for the help in advance
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know for sure, BUT
i think you are now on Sirius channel 1, its the default until you reset it, here is the radio that i have in mine
http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/mygig/
pick yours from this site, your radio type can be found in the lower right hand corner of the unit
http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/quality/

if you have the center floor console, look in the lower compartment of the console, thats where my i found my books, if you did not get the books, tell a service writer to get you them
This is what you should have received with your truck, yours of coarse will have 2010 written on it

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
LBZ HEMI is on a distinguished road

if i remember correctly if you just push the time button it changes it to show the song
Old 10-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Blue Demon is on a distinguished road

I can not get my radio to hold the preset sirus stations.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Crew Cab / 3.92 rear end
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Stone White
Rep:917
Big Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to behold

You can download a copy of the owners manual HERE. I have one on my main computer and the little netbook that I take out to the garage when I'm puttering on the truck. I've got a plastic cover on my netbook and it's easier to wipe the grease off the netbook than to try and keep the paper book clean, and if I really need a sketch or diagram I print it out real quick.

Marching to Mamasita's beat for a real real long time...

Dennis
Old 10-10-2010, 11:58 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Welcome to the Z.

We have a lot of forums for all kinds of topics, so you shouldn't have any problems finding a place to post questions.

We LOVE pics of Rams.

Here's how to post them: http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 10-11-2010, 02:49 AM

Vehicle: 2010 ram quadcab
Trim Level: slt,big horn,bucket
Color: black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
vided is on a distinguished road

hold the info button for a few seconds.
that should leave the song up, then when you hit info you'll get the artist for a few seconds and it will revert back to the song title.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

have you had your SIRIUS radio activated yet??
http://www.sirius.com/install

you never said which radio that you have, does it have a monitor????
even with AM & FM radio, there will be an info button on a soft key, when that button is pushed, it will tell you the name of the song
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Sorry the radio does not have a monitor....What I meant is I want the song title to come up by default not the station which is what is coming up now. In my avenger when I turn on the sat. and a song is played the title of the song comes up on the screen by default in the truck the station comes up by default and you have to press info to get the title then info again to get the group. All I want to know is how to set a new default.....Thanks
Old 10-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
have you had your SIRIUS radio activated yet??
http://www.sirius.com/install

you never said which radio that you have, does it have a monitor????
even with AM & FM radio, there will be an info button on a soft key, when that button is pushed, it will tell you the name of the song
Quote:
Originally Posted by vided View Post
hold the info button for a few seconds.
that should leave the song up, then when you hit info you'll get the artist for a few seconds and it will revert back to the song title.
LOL....that worked....now the setting is the same as in my avenger...Thanks very much for such an easy fix