DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-22-2011, 03:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner View Post
When I brought up your DA correction I was talking about you comparing to your friend. Not jdustu. And I'll post up a 13 second slip when I get in 0 DA or when tuning comes out for 2011s so I can actually mod my truck to full potential. And you run your mouth to trying to show off your truck in every thread even when it's not related and then trying to make every other truck look like a piece of shit because you're so amazing with a 13 second truck. Sorry but you don't have the baddest truck or the baddest 4th gen. And don't even say I said I have the baddest truck cause I never have. So far the baddest trucks are the 2 from sharadon that are the fastest hemi rams and the baddest 4th gen is the twin turbo one even though he keeps blowing transmissions and flaco's is going to be at the top when tuning comes out cause he's at the top of the chevy performance truck segment with many sub 11 second trucks. Hennessey is gonna be at the top too when they put as much effort into the hemi rams as they have the vipers and the hemi cars
He's not running his mouth dude, you are! I want to see his pics and slips and hear all about his experience and I'm sure everyone else does too. Same goes for the rest of the hot rodders on here, I want to see there's as well. That's what so great about this forum and why it separates it from others that are mainly for technical purposes. He's posting pics and vids to help you better understand your questions and not to insult your truck or you or anyone else. I'm just trying to help here and I'm not trying to insult you but you brought it on yourself. You need to quit making accusations about people who are going out of their way for people like you who ask so many questions over and over about the same thing because they don't understand. You should be grateful but instead you are jealous and insult him. You seem to be a good kid at times but sometimes you are not. I welcome you here so don't get me wrong. But you need to grow up or find another place where you'd fit better with kids your age.
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
He's not running his mouth dude, you are! I want to see his pics and slips and hear all about his experience and I'm sure everyone else does too. Same goes for the rest of the hot rodders on here, I want to see there's as well. That's what so great about this forum and why it separates it from others that are mainly for technical purposes. He's posting pics and vids to help you better understand your questions and not to insult your truck or you or anyone else. I'm just trying to help here and I'm not trying to insult you but you brought it on yourself. You need to quit making accusations about people who are going out of their way for people like you who ask so many questions over and over about the same thing because they don't understand. You should be grateful but instead you are jealous and insult him. You seem to be a good kid at times but sometimes you are not. I welcome you here so don't get me wrong. But you need to grow up or find another place where you'd fit better with kids your age.
You're absolutely right. I got caught up in the moment and should've just not posted anything. I sent a PM to BRH and hopefully that's the end of it. I'm gonna do what I do best which is adding more kills to my kills list lol and trying to help people on the non performance aspects of rams that I've learned over the 10 years of being around dodge dealerships. For you and everybody else I'm just gonna try my best to not start anymore conflicts and do like I do on some other forums which is if somebody posts pics of their truck or something I just think in my head that it looks nice or whatever and not post to try to stay out of the forum stream
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28

Last edited by garner; 09-22-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport RCSB
Color: Black
Rep:27
mgh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
A higher HP Engine will stall higher using the identical TC,
I asked Andre at Edge "The Expert" about a slightly higher stall for my Ram than the 2800-3000. He asked if I'm going to be adding more power...cam headers heads etc.... I said yes very likely. He said he'll send me the exact TC I need with 3000 stall and a 2.2 STR (Stall to Torque Ratio) and that if I add 50 HP my Stall speed "Will" go up on its own.

More HP = Higher stall automatically.
You have lower stall with your lower HP 4.7 plain and simple.
Sorry, but you got that a little backwards. The higher the torque, the lower the stall using the same TC. When I put the R/T TC in my truck, without the turbos it would flash around 2600, with the turbos it was more like 2300. The TC that I am running now is a 2600 in my setup, but would be more like a 3200 in a stock truck.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:54 AM

RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner View Post
You're absolutely right. I got caught up in the moment and should've just not posted anything. I sent a PM to BRH and hopefully that's the end of it. I'm gonna do what I do best which is adding more kills to my kills list lol and trying to help people on the non performance aspects of rams that I've learned over the 10 years of being around dodge dealerships. For you and everybody else I'm just gonna try my best to not start anymore conflicts and do like I do on some other forums which is if somebody posts pics of their truck or something I just think in my head that it looks nice or whatever and not post to try to stay out of the forum stream
Good man! But hey, you can do that all you want to the Ford guys on here besting the Hemi, lol! Btw, 10 years hanging around dearships puts you there at six years old. I'm just having some fun here so plz don't get all upset. That being said, what were you shopping for back then...a new car seat, lol? ILMAO!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:02 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

You guys had a nice little debate while I was asleep....lol

Quote:
Sorry, but you got that a little backwards. The higher the torque, the lower the stall using the same TC. When I put the R/T TC in my truck, without the turbos it would flash around 2600, with the turbos it was more like 2300. The TC that I am running now is a 2600 in my setup, but would be more like a 3200 in a stock truck.
mgh: I'm certainly no expert on TC's but I'm pretty sure higher torque output gives higher stall. So would more of a load (lower numerical gearing, heavier vehicle...). This just makes sense being that a TC is a fluid coupler.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:12 AM

I found some info on the differences between the 65RFE, 66RFE, and 68RFE in Allpar Forums. From the outside, the 66RFE looks like a 545RFE. The 66RFE extension housing and output shaft are the same as the 68RFE. You can see the torque converter on the 68RFE sticking out of the housing when removed from the truck. But the 66RFE is resessed into the housing (not as thick). The 65, 66, and 68 share the same features. This includes a one peice case, electronic control, two stage hydraulic pump, and simular valve bodies. All three trans use three planetary gearsets, three driving clutches, three holding clutches, and an overrunning clutch, only with differences on how they are connected. The componets derived from the 545RFE are mainly in the front of the case. This includes the TC and pump and the underdrive, overdrive, and reverse clutch plates and discs. When it comes to operation, the 66RFE is closer to the 68RFE than the 545RFE. Most of the 68RFE components are farther back in the case. This includes the 2C and low/reverse clutch discs and plates and the reaction, reverse, and input planetary gearsets. We already know that the gearsets are the same with the 66 and 68RFE. More specifically, the connections to the reaction sun gear and reaction annulus have been swapped compared to the 545RFE. Limp mode operation is the same for both 66 and 68RFE. All of these use two filters, a spin on and the main sump. The dual stage sump is the same on all RFE transmissions. The only way to distinguish between the two is that the 66 and 68RFE have only one set of splines on the overdrive shaft and the 545RFE has two. The 66RFE valve body is the same as the 545rRFE valve body which to me is good news because they already have aftermarket valve bodies for it. Not to mention, they already have extreme duty clutches for both the 545 and 68RFE if someone wanted to do a build. All of these transmissions are controlled by a TCM housed with the PCM in a singe module. That's the next big hurtle that we have to overcome. For those who are interested, can we incorporate this into the TCM we have now or what mods will have to be done?
Old 09-22-2011, 08:18 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
For those who are interested, can we incorporate this into the TCM we have now or what mods will have to be done?
I'm definitely interested....and that's what I'd like to know

(good job getting this thread back on topic btw lol)

Old 09-22-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I'm definitely interested....and that's what I'd like to know

(good job getting this thread back on topic btw lol)
I left out the best part and I'll quote it directly from Allpar: The 66RFE is a new six-speed automatic transmission. It's used behind the 5.7-liter V8 on 2012 Ram 2500 pickup DJ models and 3500 and chassis DD models. "Note that these are heavy duty applications"
Old 09-22-2011, 09:04 AM

...very cool...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: ram 2500 1999 dodge
Rep:10
99Ram2500 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
I found some info on the differences between the 65RFE, 66RFE, and 68RFE in Allpar Forums. From the outside, the 66RFE looks like a 545RFE. The 66RFE extension housing and output shaft are the same as the 68RFE. You can see the torque converter on the 68RFE sticking out of the housing when removed from the truck. But the 66RFE is resessed into the housing (not as thick). The 65, 66, and 68 share the same features. This includes a one peice case, electronic control, two stage hydraulic pump, and simular valve bodies. All three trans use three planetary gearsets, three driving clutches, three holding clutches, and an overrunning clutch, only with differences on how they are connected. The componets derived from the 545RFE are mainly in the front of the case. This includes the TC and pump and the underdrive, overdrive, and reverse clutch plates and discs. When it comes to operation, the 66RFE is closer to the 68RFE than the 545RFE. Most of the 68RFE components are farther back in the case. This includes the 2C and low/reverse clutch discs and plates and the reaction, reverse, and input planetary gearsets. We already know that the gearsets are the same with the 66 and 68RFE. More specifically, the connections to the reaction sun gear and reaction annulus have been swapped compared to the 545RFE. Limp mode operation is the same for both 66 and 68RFE. All of these use two filters, a spin on and the main sump. The dual stage sump is the same on all RFE transmissions. The only way to distinguish between the two is that the 66 and 68RFE have only one set of splines on the overdrive shaft and the 545RFE has two. The 66RFE valve body is the same as the 545rRFE valve body which to me is good news because they already have aftermarket valve bodies for it. Not to mention, they already have extreme duty clutches for both the 545 and 68RFE if someone wanted to do a build. All of these transmissions are controlled by a TCM housed with the PCM in a singe module. That's the next big hurtle that we have to overcome. For those who are interested, can we incorporate this into the TCM we have now or what mods will have to be done?
I'm sure its already been said in this thread but -

65RFE - When in "Drive" its the same as the 545RFE trans. 5 Forward gears. When Placed in ERS mode, you get the use of overdrive whereas the 2011 models wouldn't allow it. The transmissions are identical in everyway, Dodge just reprogrammed the TCM to allow overdrive to make people "think" its a 6 speed.

66RFE - is a "real" 6 speed, with 6 forward gears at all times. Not relying on a weak 2 prime gear as a forward gear ratio. Pretty much everything you said above, just a less HD Version of the 68RFE.