DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeClay View Post
So ofcourse with my luck, the truck is screwing up again problem is not as bad as last time but doesnt want to start after sitting over night. I ran the codes and this is what it came back with. Any ideas?

U110C- no fuel level bus message
U0141- lost communication w/ front control module
U1403- Implausable fuel level signal
U110E- lost ambient temp message

Then the same codes showed but with the letters "PD" off tho the far right?
U110C (PD)
U0141 (PD)
U1403 (PD)
U110E (PD)
This has me somewhat confused. If this is in your 2009, then it is a TIPM, then there is NO FCM (Front Control Module), unless it's internal. Prior to the TIPM, they had the IPM plus an FCM, but that all changed with the TIPM.

I think there is an issue with connector C7 on the bottom of the TIPM. Either it's not seated properly, or is damaged, or the wiring to/from it is damaged. This connector (amongst other things) includes the Can C bus communications wiring for numerous systems and the signal from the fuel sensor.

The only other thing that I believe could cause this, is damaged Can bus wiring somewhere that interrupts the communications bad enough to cause internal communications errors. But if this was the case, I'd expect a whole more issues than what you have described.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
CallMeClay is on a distinguished road

Hey Brad thanks for the response!

See I was thinking it has to be one of the connections on the bottom as well because of how sensitive the problem is. I mean, if it doesnt start all I have to do is wiggle it around and it will fire right up. Before I took it in this last time it would mess up simply by hitting a bump or taking turns too fast.

I just pulled the codes and looked them up online. Maybe they are different for my truck?

I was wondering which connector I should look so thanks for that! Im going to have a look at the C7 connection when I get home and see if there is anything noticable.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Hey Brad, I havent been able to look at the connector yet as im still out of town but I was wondering if you knew what else ran through that connector or if you know how I can look that info up? Its just there are certain things that go wrong with the truck when messes up so if those seem to be running through that one connector I can just tell the dealership to replace the harness as well.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Just some guy in Canada

brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeClay View Post
Hey Brad, I havent been able to look at the connector yet as im still out of town but I was wondering if you knew what else ran through that connector or if you know how I can look that info up? Its just there are certain things that go wrong with the truck when messes up so if those seem to be running through that one connector I can just tell the dealership to replace the harness as well.

Thanks!
I don't have a detailed list specific to this connector, but it does have wiring for (not a complete list) -
Fuel Pump
Brake lamp relay
ABS power
Dynamics sensor power
Stop lamp switch
Wiper motor
Hazard swtich sense
Brake lights
All door ajar sense
Can C diagnostics
Can C IHS
Can C
Win module power
Inverter
Adjustable pedal power
Fuel level
Rear park and turn signals

Hope this helps.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 07-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

thanks again! I remember the ABS light coming on when it messed up but also the A/C would not blow cold so it might be another bus too?
Old 07-02-2011, 02:16 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Unfortunately, no C7 connection for anything AC related.
The AC system has connections via C1, C3, C5 and C6. Way to group them!

Old 07-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Unfortunately, no C7 connection for anything AC related.
The AC system has connections via C1, C3, C5 and C6. Way to group them!
haha wow! Is there a diagram online I might be able to send my brother showing him the connections? Im still out of town so I might have him look at it while Im gone.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Here is the wiring diagram for the TIPM.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

you are a saint my friend! I will forward that to him and hopfully he can look while Im gone.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

so I sent it to my brother this morning and he said he didnt see anything out of the ordinary and the truck started......BUT he said the radio wouldnt turn on now

I told him to pull the fuse and disconnect the battery for a few then try again. Still nothing. Says the face comes down but nothing displays or plays through the speakers

I think I just have the worst luck with trucks lol
so now its off searching the forums for a possible solution to my REN Mygig problem