DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4X4 Hemi
Trim Level: 4X4 SLT Hemi
Color: Light greystone
Rep:54
Boubou will become famous soon enough
Default Window tint

Got pulled over in Kingston Ontario Canada and got fined with a ticket because my tint is too dark. I understand the ontario traffic law about tinting and it is vague.

What happens if I pay the ticket but do not remove the tint? How would they know I didn't comply and changed it for a lighter shade?
The cop told me I could get it re-tinted a lighter shade.
There was no grading % taken so no way they would know the exact tint at the time of the ticket.
Also, is this ticket readily accessible or viewable on my record if I get pulled over again for something else?
Would they ticket me again or something worse?
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2011, 10:05 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Ram Hood
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:516
Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Kingston has a buncha *ssholes though. I work from cobourg to brockville for CN so I see them around often. He's probably just jealous, he's probably driving some beat up rust bucket and your rolling around in a Hemi ha

I had an 07 Nitro, tints matched the stock rears. Black as night. I got a few stares from them but never actually to pull me over.

Maybe he was just having a bad day or like most of them they need to reach their "quota" for the month.

I don't believe they would ticket you worse if you leave it, its the same fine really. Just like when your speeding doing say 15km over. Its going to be the same fine any day. Know what i mean?

Well hopefully I won't meet your cop when im in brockville back for work, windows are getting tinted to match the backs this week!
Old 06-12-2011, 02:00 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4X4 Hemi
Trim Level: 4X4 SLT Hemi
Color: Light greystone
Rep:54
Boubou will become famous soon enough

Yea, watch out, they are doing a window tint blitz here in Kingston right now.
I didn't know about it, or I would have been driving with my windows opened (which I do now when I see one). Other thing, too bad for Kingston, going to do my shopping in Napanee for the rest of the month hahah.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab 4X4 Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:2453
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that sucks. So what percentage were yours done to ? I will be in Brookville in July so now you've go me worried. Mine are 20% on the fronts to match the rears.
BT CC / Hood Kit, LED Tails, Recon 3rd Brake & Xtreme LightBar, Black Aluminum Side Steps, Leer 700, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, MOPAR Valve Caps, Lighted RAM hitch cover, Front Tow Hooks and Bed Post Hide-a-Hooks, Tints (20% frt, 35% rear and slider), Painted Engine Cover/Brake Calipers, K&N Drop in,OEM Fender Flares/ bug deflector, FM 40, SC Cortex, Oracle H11 LED Heads, 4000k Putco Fogs, LED Interior Lights, Honeycomb Grill, Bilstien 5100's.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Green
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Eric Bass is on a distinguished road

Don't know about other states but in N.C. your inspection cost more if you have tint...Cops really look for cars with dark tint....but for a good reason...I'm planning on next month getting mine done..lol
Old 06-12-2011, 03:28 PM

Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Cops just assume your a drug dealer if you got tinted out windows. Its nothing but profiling. Its stupid!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordin View Post
Cops just assume your a drug dealer if you got tinted out windows. Its nothing but profiling. Its stupid!
Its actually more for the officers safety so when they are approaching a car they can see what the driver may be doing.
When you tint your windows you know your going to get pulled over eventually.
Everyone here in PA thinks all the cops have quota's to meet but they don't only state troopers do.
If you respect most cops they'll be pretty good with you, they're just doing their job.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:56 PM
The official Z night owl

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 SLT C.C.
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:946
Juice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordin View Post
Wrong!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangshcky12 View Post
Its actually more for the officers safety so when they are approaching a car they can see what the driver may be doing.
When you tint your windows you know your going to get pulled over eventually.
Everyone here in PA thinks all the cops have quota's to meet but they don't only state troopers do.
If you respect most cops they'll be pretty good with you, they're just doing their job.
Right!!!

Justin
Black Mamba- Flowmaster 40 series, Airaid CAI, 20% tint, GTO taillight covers, ATA nerfs, AVS in-channel ventvisors, Curt hitch receiver, Extang Revolution Tonneau, EZ-down tailgate damper, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Custom painted engine cover

Black Mamba's Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice420 View Post
Wrong!!!

Right!!!
Come up to kirkland and meet these cops. Maybe in your little state it runs one way, but up here in northern ontario, things run a little bit different!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

I'm sticking with legal tint here as fined once was enough. Years ago I had tinted a car all around and the pissed off cop sat there and waited for me to scrape it off my windows with a razor that he provided. Had to get it off the fronts before he let me drive off.