DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

ok not being a dick because i was an m/p but i love how we cant have tint but the cops on there cars have limo tint why is that right i understand the safty thing but i mean if i cant have dark tint then nether should they just because they are cops does not put them above the law
Old 06-14-2011, 01:48 PM

dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS520 View Post
I would pay the fine and not care but that is just me. Then you need to also take into consideration the consequences of getting pulled over again. My buddy had tint on his car 20% all around and 50% on the windshield and his car was impounded. Another friend of mine was forced to take the tint off right there on site. Then another one of my friends watched as a cop made cuts and slits with a razor on his windows.

They got warning at first but then they paid with those consequences. It does go on your record. My mom was pulled over in my TL last month and had to go to the state inspection facility to show that the tint was removed completely from the car. So I removed the tint and eventually I'll get it re-done but probably a lighter shade. I was thinking of 50% all around including the windshield.

Removing tint is not hard at all. Take a corner begin slowly peeling. As you peel, you want to spray a mixture of soap and water on the film so that it is easier to come off and also helps you find if there is any glue residue left over. After doing that, I use a product called "Invisible Glass" to clean my windows. If leaves an amazing finish on glass. We use it at my job and then I found it at Autozone one day so I picked it up. It removed the glue residue from the windows immediately.

Anyway .. best of luck!
sorry but a cop is not allowed to touch your personal property if indeed that happened they could have been forced to pay to have it removed or fixed
Old 06-14-2011, 01:50 PM

and no it wont go on your record no ticket unless its points will go on your record ===speeding and such any kind of repairs or illeagal parts on your car is just a fine nothing will be on your record
Old 06-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Son of God - Matthew 5:9

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black / White Gold
Rep:10
Fatty Matty is on a distinguished road

I have dark tint on both of my vehicles (5%). But when I get pulled over, all windows are rolled down and the dome light is on before my vehicle even comes to a complete stop. I followed this rule before I became an officer as well. You'd be surprised what a little forethought and courtesy will do on your behalf before you even interact verbally with the officer.

Just my two cents.
Current: Debadged / 1.75% tint / 18" Magnaflow & Y-Pipe / TGC Leveling Kit / Paramount Restyling grille / Bakflip G2 / 34" Cooper Zeon LTZ / Vararam / EGR in channel Vent Shades / Husky WeatherBeater mats
To be installed: 20" DUB Drone 6 wheels / Go Rhino Dominator 2 steps / EGR fender flares
Next: programmer