DODGE RAM FORUM banner

cleaning touch screen

12K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  KA1OTE 
#1 ·
I have the 6.5" touch screen radio and it has finger prints ALL OVER it now. Whats the best/safest way to clean the screen without scratching it or anything? I bought some small microfiber rags and planned on using those but is there something better? Are you supposed to use those little rags that come with an ipod touch etc?

#2 ·
there is a how to clean your rams monitor on their radio site
pick your radio by clicking on it, radio ID is on the very bottom right corner
http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/quality/index.html

Cleaning Your Touch-Screen Radio

* Do not spray any liquid or caustic chemicals directly on the screen. Use a clean and dry micro fiber lens cleaning cloth in order to clean the touch-screen.
* If necessary, use a lint-free cloth dampened with a cleaning solution such as isopropyl alcohol or an isopropyl alcohol and water solution ratio of 50:50. Be sure to follow the solvent manufacturer's precautions and directions.

#3 ·
I found the best cleaner is the eye glass cleaners your eye doctor gives away with a set of glasses. I have a super soft felt eye glass rag I use and it works great. Don't even need any liquid on it. Head over to lenscrafters and get an eye glass cleaning kit.

#6 ·
I got tired of all of the fingerprints from my touch screen.. was having to clean it on average twice a week. So I searched and found this site that sells screen protectors for our radios. The films are just like those you can buy for cell phones and I have had no problems for the last month since 'installing' it. Highly recommend these films!

#8 ·
I did order them.. twice now, lol! First for my original radio and again when my radio got replaced under warranty. I will never have a touch screen radio (or phone) without a screen protector. These really do help keep fingerprints at bay. When you order, you get two films (although I always destroy the first one.. doh!).

They go on almost invisible.. no one has even noticed it on the screen until I pointed it out to them. They are good quality and the PhotoDon website is very quick to ship and deliver and they will respond quickly if you contact them. This also cleans up relatively easily.. I simply dab a moist paper towel on the center of the film and then gently wipe any fingerprints off using a microfiber towel. One of the easiest and fastest components to clean on our trucks. :smileup:

I had to get the right angle and lighting to even get a pic of it for you. Here ya go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.