DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of
Default LED Interior Lights & More....

After adding the floor well lighting to the Ram the yellow interior lights just looked horrible, so I decided enough was enough and ordered the Putco Interior LED kit.

Floor lighting thread here....

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=82551

Map lights before....

Map lights after....

Rear dome before....

Rear dome after....

I have to say that getting the little bulbs out of the map lights was a nightmare! The glass was too slick to get grip with just your fingers, pliers by themselves wasn't an option as they wouldn't grip either. I finally had to cut small pieces of duct tape wrap it on the bulb then pull them out. It was almost an ordeal! Other than that little obstacle it took all of about 10 minutes to do this little mod. Now being as sunset isn't until 10:05 pm tonight and it still stays light until 11pm it will be damn near midnight before I get a chance to really see these shine! No pun intended.

Being as I was doing lights I continued on with the inexpensive lighting mods today. I'm not a fan of the stock bulbs at all and threw in a set of Putco Mirror White 4000k bulbs in the lows and fogs. I rarely get to use high beams so I installed these today....

Not sure if the pictures will show the difference here but here is the factory fog in the passenger side and the Mirror White in the Drivers side...

I tried to get a shot of the lowbeams but my camera just can't capture the difference in the color of the light. It's a huge difference! I can hardly wait till midnight to go and test these bad boys.
Removing the headlights wasn't quite the chore I thought it was going to be. I had both headlights in and out just shy of a half hour. If you have a long extension and a gob of duct tape in the socket you can get the headlights out without having to pull the grill. It was harder getting the damn rad cover off than it was pulling the headlights! I'll try posting some video of the headlights and fogs in action much later tonight....if my playbook or blackberry can capture it.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Last edited by Stump3r; 06-13-2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Forgot some details.
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2454
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome man !!!! So where did you get the interior LED kit and at what cost ? I like the idea of getting it all in one shot.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Very cool; I might need to add this too my list.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:01 PM

Vehicle: 2009 1500 SLT 4X4
Color: Stone White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:81
brokenwrench66 will become famous soon enough

Very nice! Rep for that.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 PM

Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
Awesome man !!!! So where did you get the interior LED kit and at what cost ? I like the idea of getting it all in one shot.
It was a little on the pricey side, $75.00 for the three bulbs required. I picked it up in Edmonton at Buzz Boxliner.

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Old 06-13-2011, 08:41 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Awesome and I want to do the same.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Addicted to the Z

RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
It was a little on the pricey side, $75.00 for the three bulbs required. I picked it up in Edmonton at Buzz Boxliner.
Actually that is not too bad at all as LEDs are expensive to start with. Who makes the kit so I can see if someone here local sells it ? I'm suffering mod withdrawl since the postal strike has me holding off on purchases from Ebay or anywhere else that requires shipping.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 PM

Made by Putco, part# 980044
Putco dealers in Mississauga....
Action Van & Truck World 1630 MATHESON BLVD EAST. UNIT #4 MISSISSAUGA ON L4W1Y4 905-625-3777
COBRA CAR PROTECTION CENTRES 1076 DUNDAS ST W MISSISSAUGA ON L5C4T1 905-848-0010
HITCH CITY 5200 DIXIE RD. MISSISSAUGA ON L5L3C4 905-625-4664

Putco site...
http://www.putco.com/DealerSearch.cf...e=ON&x=13&y=12

Old 06-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Addicted to the Z

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
Made by Putco, part# 980044
Putco dealers in Mississauga....
Action Van & Truck World 1630 MATHESON BLVD EAST. UNIT #4 MISSISSAUGA ON L4W1Y4 905-625-3777
COBRA CAR PROTECTION CENTRES 1076 DUNDAS ST W MISSISSAUGA ON L5C4T1 905-848-0010
HITCH CITY 5200 DIXIE RD. MISSISSAUGA ON L5L3C4 905-625-4664

Putco site...
http://www.putco.com/DealerSearch.cf...e=ON&x=13&y=12
Thanks man, the Cobra store is like 10 mins away.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
Thanks man, the Cobra store is like 10 mins away.
Anything for a brother in need of a mod!