DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:83
Turbovsix will become famous soon enough
Default Please help with tire recommendations.

Folks -

Just turned 32k on the Ram the other day and frankly, the stock Goodyears need to go. I've got at least one tire where a belt has shifted or something, as no amount of balancing will help the pulsation/wobble I'm getting. Can't wait to get rid of these things.

Anyway, I do a fair amount of highway driving. Just got the truck last July and have already turned 32k, so I need a decent highway tire but was hoping to slightly improve my wet/winter traction as the winters in NJ seem to get worse every year. Very limited off-roading, other than gravel roads and what not up at the lake.

I've heard good things about the Goodyear Silent Armors, but I'm not really feeling it with Goodyears after my experience with these Wranglers.

Any suggestions? I've hit Tire Rack already but want to see what other members with my kind of driving habits are running?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2011, 11:34 AM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Turbovsix, you have a PM with some good threads on tire recommendations.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:09 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:54
gs283020 will become famous soon enough

Have looked into a lot of tires already for this truck. I am only coming up on 10k and I want to get rid of these Goodyears too. I have a friend that does a lot of driving just like you and I. He is running General Grabbers HTS tires. They have pretty good traction in all conditions, are a LRR tire, and he has over 40K on them with pretty decent tread left on them. They will more than likely be my next set if I don't decide to go with a A/T for the Surf Fishing I do in the summer.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:83
Turbovsix will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the responses guys (City - got your PM and thank you!) - I was considering the Silent Armors. Supposed to wear like iron. I hit a pretty bad pothole not long ago and think I screwed up a belt in the driver's side front tire - not a real bad wobble but I did 1288 miles in 48 hours the other day and after a few hours on the road it gets to be like chinese water torture...

I'll look into those General Grabbers as well -

I was also considering the Cooper Zeons but I was concerned about road noise and fuel mileage with all the highway mileage I run...
Old 05-19-2011, 09:14 PM
erm

While not the cheapest, check out the Toyo Open Country A/T tires. Great road tire, wear well, good traction. I'm currently running a set on my Ram and ran them on my '99 Ram and a couple other trucks.

Running a set of Toyo Proxes 4 tires on my SRT. I'm kinda sold on Toyo tires if ya can't tell.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:07 AM

Vehicle: 2007 dodge ram
Trim Level: st
Color: white
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:11
williamhartle is on a distinguished road

srry to steal the thread but has anyone used tire rack.com if so how was your experience. im looking at getting some rims and there prices seem pretty reasonable.

2 inch leveling lift 3 inch body lift, 34" bfg mud terrain TA KM2, straight pipe, vararam intake, superchips cortex, Firestone air bags, skyjacker n8000 shocks rear, s8000 front struts, painted head lights, tinted tail,cab mount light, big shiny chrome balls.