DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
bombadillo is on a distinguished road

Nice subs man. I really like the looks and specs of those. I've been trying to get 2 of the old Phoenix Gold XMAX speakers for awhile now they remind me a LOT of those. I found a couple but they were used pretty hard and I didn't want to go that route. I'm looking at some soundstream 10's or maybe a single twelve to go underneath the rear seat of my quad cab. I'll probably end up going single twelve and let them use the seat for air space in ported box. No idea for door and dash speakers yet, but I'm a big soundstream fan. Amps are another ballgame and I've been out of it for too many years now that i have no clue what is decent anymore, I'd have to really do some research. Nice install, and hopefully I'll have something similar in the next year or so. Slowly but surely...
Old 06-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RCSB Hemi 2WD 1500 BW
Color: Silver
Rep:10
simplicityinsound is on a distinguished road

thanks guys and Thanks for SFtrainer for this amazing experience...this is only my second dodge ram install since moving to cali a few years ago, the first was many years ago and not quite the same focus on SQ: http://www.my350z.com/forum/audio-bu...-with-dls.html
dont ask me why its on a 350z forum lol

i am COMPLETELY blown away at how this truck sounds...i honestly dont recall another i have done with stock locations that sounded nearly as good...i wish i had taken a picture of hte rta curve with zero eq on it...its honstly not too far off...it makes me really want to consider a Ram for my next car...if someone told me a few years back that you can get this type of overall sq out of a single cab pickup and with no loss movement to the seats and bed cuthrough, i would have chuckled...but now.... it has to be said a lot of credit also goes to the XR3 superwide band speaker that runs from 250hz all the way up to 20khz...an amazing little speaker that is perfectly suited for this truck.

dogert: sure, loved to do another one haha

bombadillo: i have installed a bunch of hte old xmax subs, and youare right, they are similar, though the morel is even more "dry" and transparent sounding...its sad what has happened to both PG and soundstream, as they are just your average run of the mill stuff...a far cry from their glory days...though to be fair, soundstream never could IMO produce very reliable stuff and cant seem to stay in business long enough under one ownership hehe

now its just about getting the truck to a SQ comp and see how it fares...i would be surprised if its not competing for a win in Street Class each and everytime...
Old 06-15-2011, 06:07 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

Very cool system and I for one appreciate the info provided on the build and install!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:17 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

That came out awesome! Very clean install.
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:26
SFTrainer is on a distinguished road
Talking Lucky Owner

So I'm the owner of this Dodge and I have to say it's a much nicer truck now than it was a couple weeks ago. I could go on and on about Bing and the level at which he operates. But for the sake of time I will be brief, and to be honest I would rather be in my truck listening than typing right now. From our first meeting about the truck last year Bing has guided this build in just the right direction. From his recommendations on equipment to his extreme patience in answering all my questions and addressing all my concerns. He took my initial idea and gave it the Bing touch, even with some last minute equipment changes (I just had to go Morel subs over perfectly acceptable and certainly cheaper other brands). During the entire process Bing was in touch and always on the ball with every detail. I have to admit it's a bit difficult for me to give up creative control when it comes to audio but with simplicity in sound I have zero regrets. As for the sound....beyond all my expectations. When Bing told me it sounded better than his own car I thought he was joking...but he wasn't...and nearly 24 hours after picking up the truck my only complaint is that my face is starting to hurt from this permanent grin that I can't seem to get rid of. Thank you very much Bing...you are THE MAN.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4X4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:110
RAMTX will become famous soon enoughRAMTX will become famous soon enough

WOW nice install.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 sport
Trim Level: Sport crew cab
Color: Flame red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
11bigred is on a distinguished road

I agree....PG and Soundstream were very solid back in the day.......
Old 06-16-2011, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 09 Challenger SRT-8 11 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:59
SJP2X11RT will become famous soon enough

Nice work.....wish I had the $5K+ to spend on audio this likely cost the owner and thats after already doing an earlier upgrade.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:26
SFTrainer is on a distinguished road

I won't say the system was cheap...but I got a phenomenal deal on the truck and having a nice audio system in my car/home has always been a requirement for me...all total my total investment is still less than 25 k on the truck...and I bought it new 9 months ago.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Rep:10
JoeHemi57 is on a distinguished road

So i see you are over here too, i was just trying to get on diyma to look at it again but the site was down. I am so ready to get my install started, the fact that it sounds so good and i'm using the h audio's in the dash as well has inspired a lot of confidence, and to think i almost bought a type r component set lol.