DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Product Reviews

Notices

Product Reviews Have you found a great product, or a really bad one and you just need to tell someone about it! Post up a review for the benefit of all!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Hugo.Diablo is on a distinguished road
Default Bed Liner suggestions?

I have had my 2011 Ram 1500 for about 3 months now and he still doesn't have a bed liner. He is a barn truck so hay will be put in the back often as well as trunks. My dad wants me to get a spray in bed liner but I don't like the bumpyness/harshness of it. (He has it on his older truck.) Hay would be really hard to clean out of the bumps on that one. I really like the under the rail bed liner. (He doesn't like it though, claims that it shifts around too much and eventually scratches the paint off and rusts.) Does anybody have any experience with the under the rail bed liner, good or bad, that they could share? Or have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored links
Old 06-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Just buy a Bedrug, toss scrap metal or bricks in it
you can also walk on your knees across it, sleep on it if your want
vacuum it or spray wash it out
http://www.rolltopcover.com/video/BedRug.swf
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 06-17-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 2500
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:56
Zac2109 will become famous soon enough

what he said, either a bedrug or bedtread just to be different from GTYANKEE :P
Old 06-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Black
Hugo.Diablo is on a distinguished road

My only concern with that would be loose hay, wouldn't it stick to the bedrug?
Old 06-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

it is actually a plastic that looks & feels like carpet
it can be vacuumed out, swept out, even pressure washed out, by the way you can also spill chemicals on it & it doesn't hurt it
You can order it through your dealership with a rams head logo, or you can get it online & other places like 4X4 shops, without the Rams head
also it has a lifetime warranty
http://www.bedrug.com/

this is a better explanation of what it is like, its a video w/ sound
http://www.rolltopcover.com/video/BedRug.swf
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 06-17-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:01 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Rep:100
LeKy411 will become famous soon enoughLeKy411 will become famous soon enough

I have the under the bed liner from Mopar. In all honesty I am just waiting for the money to get rid of it. It is much easier to slide things in and out, but then again while driving thinks constantly move around. My truck has 5,200 miles on it and when I took the liner off to do some washing it did scuff the clear off in some spots. Not much, but I am not planning on keeping it long term.

Those liners are only held my the front bed rail and the wheel wells. The bed is designed to drain, it has small spaced on the bed floor so water does not really collect in the summer, I would be more worried about the winter. Also when I get up in the bed I can feel the plastic slide under my feet back and forth.What I would do for your application is not bother with the bed liner for $300 bucks and do this.

Try this Raptor stuff it is DIY and not as tough as Line-X but for hay it will be fine for $125
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=84419

Then toss rubber bend liner on top of that so you can pull it out and shake it off or hose it down. $75.
http://www.autoanything.com/hitch-be...A3665A0A0.aspx

You end up saving $100 over the plastic tub which I personally hate. This may be the route I end up taking on mine.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Treeman222 is on a distinguished road

When it comes down to it. it's all up to what you want. As for the under rail liners everyone I have seen the bed has rusted under it. I have a spray in liner and don't see how it would give you any issues with unloading hay.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

the bedrug is not a tub type liner & although it can be removed, the only reason that i can think of for removing it, is IF you were in an accident & the bed was crunched a bit, the body shop could take it out to fix the damage.
If you have a spray in type liner, the body shop would charge you more to work on your vehicles bed

did you know that even RHINO LINER sells the BEDRUG!!!

Last edited by GTyankee; 06-17-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:57 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

I still think you should get a spray in liner. You can get them in different textures, from lumpy to bumpy to almost smooth.

The under rail plastic inserts will do just as Dad has said...they shift around, wear the paint off of your bed and promote RUST!!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Sea Blue Pearl
Rep:14
raven6988 is on a distinguished road

I am going to have to agree with the BedRug. I have it on my 2010 1500 and I will not ever own another bed liner. It's easy to clean, I can remove it when and if I want without destroying my paint or voiding my paint warranty and to top it all off it is comfortable. The padding underneath is nice so crawling in your bed on your knees doesn't hurt.

I have had all kinds of bed liners over the years, spray ins (Don't like it mostly because I do rock hauling eats up that spray in stuff yearly for me.), the plastic drop in crap that rusts and scratches a bed, and a few other gimmicks over the years.

And to date the only one that I love is the BedRug. I bought it on an whim because my wife needed something soft for the bed of her truck. After installing it which was simple and rather quick. I got one for mine.

Only thing I would recommend is getting some more of the Velcro material from 3M because there just wasn't enough for my liking. But that could just be me.

Hope you enjoy whatever bed liner you get. As Treeman22 said, " When it comes down to it. it's all up to what you want."

Hope this helps.

PS - I haul hay once in awhile and its not nearly as bad as you would think. Usually I just get out the big push broom and sweep it out. A couple little pieces here and there but I just pick those out by hand.