DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:851
RockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RockyRam

Truck looks great! Nice mods!

Have a Gray Ram?? Join the Mineral Gray Metallic Ramz Group!!!
http://www.ramforumz.com/group.php?groupid=21

"Rocky and Bullwinkle"
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2011, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deepwater Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:89
gingrbredman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbass View Post
Wow, those mods are fantastic. I am amazed at how many folks on this forum are not afraid to dive into the electrical system. I know nothing about it so I am always hesitant to even try something. Would love to hard wire the radar detector though. Good job!
The picture with all the wires makes it looks more daunting than it really is. All those wires are from the Lockpick, which really is plug and play. For the radar detector, I was just tapping into a 12v source, and there are only 2 wires coming from the outlet so you really can't make a mistake there. Tapping off the mirror circuit would probably have been easier, but since I already have the wires for the new trailer monitor running down from the headliner, I didn't want to run more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug713 View Post
we'll all be spending more money from all the ideas we get on here..lol
Thats how I feel each time I log on here. I keep finding new ways to spend money, and the results are these mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Those are some great mods! Looks like you were plenty busy...
Busy for sure, and not even sure how I thought I could get the rest done.

Projects not completed:
Install Retro HID headlights. I have the lights already, but they require taking the grille off and didn't have time for that.

Front Camera. Got the wires ran to the center console, but with the grill off is the best time for me to do that.

Install Bedrug. Picked up the Mopar bedrug from my dealer at cost but that fell to another day.

LED lights for the bed. Wanted to put those in after the bedrug.

Plus I have even more on order:
- 18" Magnaflow & Y Pipe
- Speedstick antenna (should only take a minute to put on but they are soooo slow to ship it)
- Custom billet badges for the front and rear.
- Custom badge for the steering wheel

And then on course the other mods which I will no doubt find I need to do the more I spend time around here.
Gusz 2011 RAM SPORT CC -Lockpick CHR550 -Hardwired Radar Detector - Custom Trailer Cam - -Fold a-Cover G4 - Bed Rug - Billet Shifter - Debadged - 18" Magnaflow - Custom Clear HID Projectors - LED Tailgate Bar - Custom Billet Badges -
Old 06-22-2011, 11:17 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn quad cab
Color: Bright White
Rep:112
Jixer will become famous soon enoughJixer will become famous soon enough

With the pic of your "little helpers" smiling so big, I hope they weren't sneaking into the Yuengling!!!) Great photos on a Great Job!!

K&N series 63 CAI - 22" Magnaflow muffler - MyGiG Lockpick V.4 - Rhino spray in bedliner - Truxedo LoPro tonneau cover - front and rear view cameras - side steps - tow hooks - skid plates - slush mats
Old 06-23-2011, 06:43 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:30
ELFATKAT is on a distinguished road
Cool Nice Mods

Thanks for some great ideas. The camera thing with the trailer is awesome.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Gingrbredman, quick questions on your cam setup.

You have the trailer back up cam going to the hanging screen; does the regular back up cam go there as well or does it go to the head unit through the lockpick? I like the idea of putting it up when I'm towing but i don't think I would want it there all the time.

From what I understand the Lockpick does a great job of the auto circuits for the front and rear cams but it doesn't have an auto circuit for a trailer cam so I thought i could wire those with the lockpick and then use a system like yours for the trailer. Which screen did you get that hangs there?

Thanks

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:09 PM

Highland- I have the lockpick version 4 and there is an input for a "baby cam" = 3rd input for camera = could be used as your trailer cam.

K&N series 63 CAI - 22" Magnaflow muffler - MyGiG Lockpick V.4 - Rhino spray in bedliner - Truxedo LoPro tonneau cover - front and rear view cameras - side steps - tow hooks - skid plates - slush mats
Old 06-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's all I can say for getting all that done in a single day. WTG
Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixer View Post
Highland- I have the lockpick version 4 and there is an input for a "baby cam" = 3rd input for camera = could be used as your trailer cam.
I knew the LockPick had other camera inputs but I think it only has one that can be triggered by reversing. I was thinking about having an auxiliary screen (like the one seen on Gingrbredman's rearview mirror) just for the trailer. This way it could be triggered when you put the truck in reverse as well.

If there was a way on the lockpick for me to easily choose which camera would be triggered when reversing that would eliminate the need. Most of the time the trucks camera is on but when I hook up the trailer I could choose to have the trailers camera be the one that is turned on when in reverse. Perfect would be if the lockpick knew when the trailer was hooked up and switched by itself.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:23 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
LeKy411 will become famous soon enoughLeKy411 will become famous soon enough

So for the radar detector he ran it from the 12v outlet? I would not have thought of that, I would have probably ran it all the way to the fuse box.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:34 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandchef View Post
I knew the LockPick had other camera inputs but I think it only has one that can be triggered by reversing. I was thinking about having an auxiliary screen (like the one seen on Gingrbredman's rearview mirror) just for the trailer. This way it could be triggered when you put the truck in reverse as well.

If there was a way on the lockpick for me to easily choose which camera would be triggered when reversing that would eliminate the need. Most of the time the trucks camera is on but when I hook up the trailer I could choose to have the trailers camera be the one that is turned on when in reverse. Perfect would be if the lockpick knew when the trailer was hooked up and switched by itself.
I see...didn't know if you were aware of the third input, but it sure sounds like you are up to speed on that. I know with the v.4 I can watch my front or rear camera while driving, and have the option for a third camera if need be. However, when I hit reverse gear, it will show the rear camera.