DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn Crew
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Rambo11 is on a distinguished road
Default Dealership tuning?

I thought I remembered seeing someone's post where they had taken their 2011 Ram to the dealership to have some work don and while they were there the dealership was able to run a diagnostic and tuned it up to either give it more HP, better fuel efficiency, or both. Does that thread ring a bell to anyone?

I'm taking mine in a hour to the dealership for the Back-flow restrictor recall and when I do I'd like to ask them about whatever tuning they could do.

Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

also ask them to check your vehicle for any
TSBs, RRTs, & Recalls

they may look at you funny, not in a bad way, but likely wondering how you happen to know those terms
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
also ask them to check your vehicle for any
TSBs, RRTs, & Recalls

they may look at you funny, not in a bad way, but likely wondering how you happen to know those terms
I actually don't know those terms, so could you elaborate on what they are exactly? Thanks!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:27 PM
erm

Nope, that doesn't ring any bells at all.

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin - Dealers will get these from Dodge where a problem has arisen and they've engineered a fix.

Recalls = Normally driven by a regulatory action that requires the manufacturer to notify owners and make repairs or replacements to defective systems that endanger the public and vehicle owners.

RRT = Rapid Response Transmittal aka Rapid Response Bulletin, used to identify deficiencies that won't necessarily cause damage but should be corrected quickly, such as the RRT I got on my SRT early in 2007 noting that the coolant additives were not correct and to prevent clogging, the system was flushed and a new coolant mix was put in. They also replaced the radiator cap and overflow cannister.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Nope, that doesn't ring any bells at all.

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin - Dealers will get these from Dodge where a problem has arisen and they've engineered a fix.

Recalls = Normally driven by a regulatory action that requires the manufacturer to notify owners and make repairs or replacements to defective systems that endanger the public and vehicle owners.

RRT = Rapid Response Transmittal aka Rapid Response Bulletin, used to identify deficiencies that won't necessarily cause damage but should be corrected quickly, such as the RRT I got on my SRT early in 2007 noting that the coolant additives were not correct and to prevent clogging, the system was flushed and a new coolant mix was put in. They also replaced the radiator cap and overflow cannister.

Cheers! Thanks to you both. I understand recall, which is the reason I'm taking it in, but the TSB and RRT were unclear. I got it now. Thanks again!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:10
Ex Hack is on a distinguished road

There is a flash for the PCM that came out a few weeks ago. It would not raise any questions or weird looks if you simply ask the service advisor to "WI-Tech it for updates" each time it is in the dealership for any reason. My 2011 1500 had 6 updates the last service a few weeks ago. They performed all 6 updates (flashes) in about 15 minuets. The PCM flash made a different truck out of it. The trans shifts soo much better (sportier), and the wide open throttle shift issues I was having are gone.