DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Notices

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ronnie4946 is on a distinguished road
Default Some advice please

Hey guys.
I have a 2011 Laramie Ram. I bought the truck new. At about 2000 miles things started going wrong. Puddle lamp not working, rear bumper rusting, back up camera not working, wind noise and water leak in drivers door. leather seat is de-formed, horn only works when you push very hard, brakes are spongy, key-fob works half the time. I practically live at the dealership. I live in a rural part of upstate NY and the next closest dealership is about an hour away. They order parts which takes a couple of weeks and they come in wrong. So far they changed the bumper, did a recall, and replaced the backup camera. They still have to fix the puddle lamp. They told me the breaks are normal which I know they are not , they cant fix the leak and wind noise in the drivers door because "They are not a body shop", and they cant find anything wrong with the key fob or the horn. I also just notice that the box is not sitting square on the chassis. The rubber touches the cab on the passenger side, but an inch away on the driver side. I never paid so much for a truck before and this is my first Dodge. I traded in a Silverado with 200K and it didnt have this many problems. I dont have the time to keep going back and forth to the dealership. I was so excited to get a new truck and now I'm disgusted. I have a $44,000 nightmare. I have to carry a towel with me so if it rains hard or I go through a car wash I can sop up the water. Dodge has a case number for all the problems but I keep making payments and putting miles on this truck and it hasn't been right since the first month. Should I get my attorney to work on this for me or should I keep making my weekly visit to the dealership. I am losing hours of work to try and get my new truck fixed. Any advice will be appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 07-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

I'm pretty sure you have enough there to qualify under the lemon law. Not being from down south I'm not sure how it works 100%, hopefully another Z member will chime in with more info on how to get the ball rolling.
Sorry your having so many issues with your Ram. They really are awesome trucks when everything works as it should.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:55 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I would say YES! get your attorney involved. This has gone beyond what you should have to deal with, as your truck obviously has serious problems.

I believe once your attorney gets involved things will proceed smoother for you. If they can't get the truck fixed, then they need to bring someone in that can fix it, and while they're doing that, they need to provide you with a rental of sorts (that doesn't cost you a dime).

Your attorney will either know more about or can research the lemon law. Me being the layman, it sounds like you've gone beyond what is needed to qualify. Don't give up on Dodge, you just got a bad truck and apparently use a dealership that is an idiot

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 07-04-2011, 09:21 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Bighorn Crew Cab V-6
Trim Level: SLT bighorn V-6
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:10
emmyshemi is on a distinguished road

I would check online the exact law in NewYork state regarding the lemon law. Then if your vehicle qualifies, then proceed with the legal action. Its smart to get an idea of what needs to be done before calling the attorney. You dont want to get "taken" twice, so be careful. Sorry you have had so many problems, thats the worst feeling. Thats kind of why i like to lease a vehicle first, then if its a good one, you can always buy it.(even though I bought mine too). Anyway, best of luck, keep us posted.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:59 PM
erm

Yes, I would consult with an attorney. They can advise on what your rights are, what the process is, what you need to document and how the claims are filed and pursued.

Good luck! Sorry to hear you have so many issues. Mine has been flawless except for a vibration that was cleared up quickly and a REC/NAV head unit that went bad.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Laramie 1500 CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:55
wylie will become famous soon enough
Default lemon law

Most definitely, get your atty involved,,,,but go and tell your dealer that it is obviously a lemon and do you want to replace it or go with the lemon law. Make it his choice. new truck or lemon law. Remind him of how much Dodge is going to like him by choosing the courts.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

It is your dealership that is the LEMON

Puddle lamps are a known issue
The cab leaks are a known issue
the leather seat problem is a known issue

The rams have 2 different horns, 1 set works when you lock the doors or remote start the Ram
the other set is the louder horn, mine is also harder to blow than i care for, you can't just give it a quick beep, it just blares after pushing hard, i believe it is because you are pushing down the air bag as well as the horn

I can't believe that they won't fix the door, they are a Certified Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership with a body shop or they need to have a body shop under contract, to meet the qualifications to be a dealer

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/NY_law.html
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 07-04-2011 at 04:30 PM.