DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
TxRam is on a distinguished road

American Racing claims 35 RWHP, but I tend to take these estimates with a grain of salt. I'm going to see if they will do before and after dyno numbers. It's 97 F in Houston EVERY FREAKIN' DAY right now, so I don't look for much more than 20 RWHP. I don't think the Corsa Catbacks will add up to much, but it's gonna sound bad*ss! My guess is 335 RWHP or about 415 HP at the flywheel.

Just in case anyone is wondering, the headers, catback and installation will cost about $2,800.00 total.

Last edited by TxRam; 07-06-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: MISSPELLED WORDS
Sponsored links
Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge
Trim Level: Sport, SLT Lone Star
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl, Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:23
Larry832 is on a distinguished road

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/ram-hpe425.html

So Hennessey is charging $4,200 for High flow cats and HPE air induction installed

I'll take two in case I get a header leak and want to replace asap, lol.

Looks like their HPE induction is really just an AFE, isn't AFE the ones with the blue filters?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:51 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRam View Post
American Racing claims 35 RWHP, but I tend to take these estimates with a grain of salt. I'm going to see if they will do before and after dyno numbers. It's 97 F in Houston EVERY FREAKIN' DAY right now, so I don't look for much more than 20 RWHP. I don't think the Corsa Catbacks will add up to much, but it's gonna sound bad*ss! My guess is 335 RWHP or about 415 HP at the flywheel.

Just in case anyone is wondering, the headers, catback and installation will cost about $2,800.00 total.
You might see the 35rwhp if you get a custom dyno tune but that'll add about $300 more.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram CC 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:388
E.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really nice

chvyklr is right, you will only see that if you get it tuned, which can't happen yet since we don't have tuners for our trucks. In my experience, mine in definately quicker, not 35 rwhp quicker though. It feels like it is fighting itself and leaving a lot on the table. That is most likely my a/f ratio being off. If I had to guess it is maybe 15-20rwhp gain as is, but I know once that tuner is added to the mix this thing will come alive! And the sound is incredible! You will love it with your catback system. I have headers, borla exhaust, reso delete, and bigger tips and when I step on it, people respond! It is a great sound. Not overpowering at cruising speed, but there when you want to hear it roar!

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87541
Old 07-09-2011, 01:59 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge
Trim Level: Sport, SLT Lone Star
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl, Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:23
Larry832 is on a distinguished road

I called Fastlane Performance today an they said $2,200 for the headers installed but said to wait till the tune is out...Will a catback alone have any gains? I was told the exhaust flows great stock and aftermarket is only to make noise and offer no power gains at all.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:04 AM

E.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry832 View Post
I called Fastlane Performance today an they said $2,200 for the headers installed but said to wait till the tune is out...Will a catback alone have any gains? I was told the exhaust flows great stock and aftermarket is only to make noise and offer no power gains at all.
That's steep! I got mine installed for 300 and I believe I paid 1500 for the headers thru ARH. Most wait for tunes before doing things like headers, but you don't have to. You will get some gains from the catback, not any more than you would from a muffler replacement and a reso delete. Our exhaust is really good for stock except for one glaring part, the midpipe. The stock y-pipe is very restrictive. If you chose to get a y-pipe, muffler and reso delete you could do that for cheaper than a catback system and get a good boost.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:36 PM

I've talked with Nick @ Fastlane, theother Nick @ American Racing, and the service manager at my Dodge dealership and here is the scoop. You will get a check engine O2 sensor code if you install the headers, you will not be able to get your truck inspected, and if you do find someone that has cracked the new computers, unless they are genuises, your computer will tell your dealer that the computer has been flashed, which will affect your warranty. That's the bad news, and for me it's real bad news, because I live in Houston and cannot pass inspection in Harris County (Houston), until a tune has been developed that works.

The ARH Headers and high flow cats work so well and are so efficient from an airflow standpoint that exhaust gases cannot be "treated" effectively. So basically they flow too much to pass inspection. I'm waiting to hear back from Nick @ ARH, but it's only been a few days, so I'll give it another week. I've got everything just sitting in boxes in the garage just waiting for some good news.

Just my luck!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:50 PM

Again, you can get around the engine codes. I am currently driving cel free in my 2011 with the ARH headers...

Old 07-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.L.D. 44 View Post
Again, you can get around the engine codes. I am currently driving cel free in my 2011 with the ARH headers...
I can't afford that luxury in H-Town. They make us play by the rules!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:44
The Codes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRam View Post
I've talked with Nick @ Fastlane, theother Nick @ American Racing, and the service manager at my Dodge dealership and here is the scoop. You will get a check engine O2 sensor code if you install the headers, you will not be able to get your truck inspected, and if you do find someone that has cracked the new computers, unless they are genuises, your computer will tell your dealer that the computer has been flashed, which will affect your warranty. That's the bad news, and for me it's real bad news, because I live in Houston and cannot pass inspection in Harris County (Houston), until a tune has been developed that works.

The ARH Headers and high flow cats work so well and are so efficient from an airflow standpoint that exhaust gases cannot be "treated" effectively. So basically they flow too much to pass inspection. I'm waiting to hear back from Nick @ ARH, but it's only been a few days, so I'll give it another week. I've got everything just sitting in boxes in the garage just waiting for some good news.

Just my luck!
the inspections in Harris County are crazy compared to other places...so irritating