DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

I think I have a lazy service department at my dealership. I had my truck in for an oil change a couple days ago and told them for the 2nd time that my FOB key does not work all the time. All it said on my receipt was that he was not able to recreate the issue. He said he checked for error codes but did not find any (not sure I believe he actually did that though). How long has this driveability update been out? I had everything updated about a year ago now during my first oil change but I never felt any performance differences. Also the service guy came in to tell me my oil change was done after 30 mins or so and he literally said (sir, your truck is ready.) and basically took off running towards the back before I even knew for sure he was talking to me. Then I went to the back where I dropped off my keys and he was nowhere to be found, then I went to the office where I normally pay and noone was in there so I went back out and still no one to help me. Came back in again and this guy pops out of no where and gives me the biggest your an idiot look and pointed in the office, then ran off again. 5 years ago I would have punched him in the mouth for doing that but I managed to let it go and went in my way.

While I'm ranting, I have told them about the back trim on top of the tailgate was starting to fall off and he basically refused to fix it and said I should wait until it comes off a lot more because they would have to put more double sided tape on it. Its coming off very very slowly and will probably not fall off until the warranty is up so I am thinking about just ripping it off before my next oil change and making them fix it... What would you guys do?
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Metallic Silver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
BigSilver is on a distinguished road

Fix it yourself. Don't ever let the stealership touch your truck. The techs working on your truck don't care. I would go to a reputable, independent body shop and ask how they would repair it. Also do a search on the net and find out the best method for repair. Stay away from stealerships, while they fix one problem , they will do something to create another so you will bring it back in and they can hit Chrysler/Dodge/Ram up for more money.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
dbowmaneod is on a distinguished road

I cant wait to get back to East TN. There is a dealership there that my grandfather worked at. They have always done great work. Once I get out and moved back home, thats where Im going and having them give it a once over to see if anything needs to be done. Im getting this flash in the morn at 0730, if Im getting up this early they better hope it works.