DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough
Default Debadged, Demolded and Delighted (pics)

Well, I finally got around to taking off the badges and the chrome door moldings (on the truck when I bought it).I did the driver and passenger side as well as the tailgate. I tried to catalog as much of the process as possible.

I started off using a fairly light fluorocarbon fishing line for the badges because that was all I had in my boat. That was a mistake. This job goes much faster with a thick, cheap monofilament line. I figured this out and went to the store before starting the molding and bought some 60# mono. That made all of the difference in the world. So, my times would have been better if I had not been too lazy to go to the store before doing the badges. Also, I would advise that instead of cutting strips to use for removal, simply hold the spool in one hand and wrap the other end around the finger(s) of your other hand. That way when the line breaks, you are instantly ready to reload without having to go cut another piece. Oh, and wear gloves or you will kill your fingers.

I also used a 3M Stripe Off Wheel to remove the adhesive. Some folks do and some don’t. I chose to because of all the positive reviews I saw on the wheel. It definitely made things easier. Follow up cleaning was done with Goo Gone. Tomorrow she gets a full wash, clay bar, polish and wax to seal the deal. I would have done that today but I got started late, it was hot and by the time I finished the removal and cleanup it was already beer thirty so the detail can wait until tomorrow.

All in all this was a very easy mod and I am happy with the results. This is the first truck I have ever done this to and I must admit I like it. It’s a personal decision and people should always go with what they feel is best. I am happy with the results on my truck.

From start to finish, the time for each step was as follows:
Debadge – 35 minutes (heavier mono line would have cut this in half easily)
Stripe Off – 30 minutes
Molding Removal – 12 minutes (because I used the heavier mono line)
Molding Stripe Off – 23 minutes
Grand Total - 1 hour and 40 minutes (not counting various breaks)

Due to the sheer number of photos I took, I am posting all of them on a Google Picasa slideshow which you can access at the link below:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gwsmls/...86412355101746

For those who just want the down and dirty pics, below are a few before and after shots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DS Before.jpg (123.2 KB, 1644 views)
File Type: jpg DS After.jpg (119.2 KB, 1613 views)
File Type: jpg PS Before.jpg (122.4 KB, 1451 views)
File Type: jpg PS After.jpg (121.6 KB, 1583 views)
File Type: jpg TG Before.jpg (116.1 KB, 1454 views)
File Type: jpg TG After.jpg (114.4 KB, 1473 views)
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Sponsored links
Old 07-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

That looks alot better, WTG on a job well done. Reps to ya.....
Old 07-06-2011, 09:28 PM
erm

Lookin' good!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road

Bass did u pay extra for the door moldings. I'm curious to know how much the dealer made u pay.. Please check you paperwork. Only reason I'm asking. The Dush bag from river front is trying to tell me they cost 345. I know how much mopar charges for them. I told him to take them off lol. He said when the truck get here tomorrow. U can look at it and decide.
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Old 07-06-2011, 11:23 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4
Color: Deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Second Life is on a distinguished road

Your truck look really good with no badge at all. Alot better then mine would look with no badge. Congrat on the nice truck

Oh and when you'll paint the ring next the shifter, you'll ask yourself why you didn't do it sooner.Yes it's that much better with it painted
Old 07-06-2011, 11:29 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:584
yamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to all

That looks great. You did a real nice job. Thanks for the "how to " and pictures as well.

Kick the tires and light the fires!!!
14" Magnaflow, Extang Tonneau cover, Vararam CAI, Line X bed liner,Vent visors, Shorty antenna,fuel door cover, Tinted tail and 3rd brake light, rally stripes, LEDs inside and out.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:36 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 5.7L
Trim Level: Big Horn Package
Color: Stone White
Rep:50
MTtruckr will become famous soon enough

I like it without the molding and badges. Enjoy the nice look
Old 07-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysnst2 View Post
Bass did u pay extra for the door moldings. I'm curious to know how much the dealer made u pay.. Please check you paperwork. Only reason I'm asking. The Dush bag from river front is trying to tell me they cost 345. I know how much mopar charges for them. I told him to take them off lol. He said when the truck get here tomorrow. U can look at it and decide.
I honestly don't know but I will check. The dealer who put them on was in IL and the dealer who brokered the deal was in AR. I never wanted them to begin with but took the truck anyway knowing I could take them off. Will see what I can find out for you though.
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 07-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTtruckr View Post
I like it without the molding and badges. Enjoy the nice look
Thanks MT. Love the pics of your truck with mods. Always helps to see something similar. Leveling kit is on the horizon for me.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:17 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road

Truck looks good
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks