DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:23
BradZ is on a distinguished road
Default Line X vs Rhino Liner, just got mine done

This is my first dodge but not my first pickup, my previous two trucks have been rhino lined and previous to that was a drop in liner. Well needless to say i didn't care much for the drop in.
Never heard of lineX till fairly recently and decided to give it a shot. Got the truck back around 8:30 this evening, was supposed to be done at 5 but they got busy.

Anyway, I got there a little early and saw 'em when they finished it and were opening the garage door. First thing I noticed is that they'd wrapped the entire truck in what appeared to be a giant clear plastic bag. All except the bed of course, that's one big plus to line x, not that Rhino ever got anything on my trucks but I'd seem how they do it and it's a much smaller masking job.

further more the final finish of the product looks much better than Rhino (and i'd had it done at a different place for each truck) ever did. It's a much smoother material, no runs, looks like it's painted into the bed from the jump. Finally off to the rear of the passenger side is a little Line X logo that again looks like Dodge sent it that way, no silver sticker on this one like Rhino. The black looks perfect in the white truck.

Last thing of it all was the guy wasn't showing me the bill. He was just finished explaining how late they were running and said "I know I quoted you....." So I'm bracing myself for it, they did squeeze me in so I'm thinking fine, anyway he makes a comment about my license plate (Disabled veteran) and gives me a discount. Same lifetime warrenty, good for any location as Rhino, similiar cost.

So if anybody's torn on this the way I was I will highly recommend line X, I'll be breaking it in here in a couple weeks but from everythign I've heard it should hold up great.

I know people will want pics, but it's dark out and it just won't work, just trying to help out anybody with a possible decision.
Sponsored links
Old 07-08-2011, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:166
Wildcat has a spectacular aura aboutWildcat has a spectacular aura about

Glad to hear you are impressed. I love Line-X. Buddy has it in his truck and we have abused it. So when it came time for my truck, it was an easy decision.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 mega cab 4x4 cummings
Trim Level: laramie
Color: black
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
bitter sweet is on a distinguished road

I got a line-x ,very pleased so far. black on black! Its about 5 months old, came with a plastic pop in,hated it. everything slid all over the place.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab, 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red/Sandstone
Rep:91
dgard61 will become famous soon enough

Had the Line X done in mine 2 day's after I picked it up. Oct, 2009. Love it. They did an excellent job, no overspray what so ever. Look's like it painted on. Still look's great. Would also highly recommend it.
Vent Visor's, Bug Deflector, Chrome Fuel Door, Bak Flip G2 Tonneau Cover, Bed Extender, EZ Down Tailgate Dampener, Line X Spray in Box Liner, WeatherTech Winter Mats, Husky Moulded Mud Flaps, Billet Tech Oil Catch Can, 12" S/S Antenna Mast, Chrome T/G Handle, Mopar CAI, Painted Engine Cover, Billet Tech Polished Underhood Cap's, Front Window Tint, Billet Hitch Cover, Anti-Theft Valve Cap's, MGP Caliper Covers, Retractable S/S Stake Pocket Anchors, Mopar Trailer Brake Controller, Recon LED Light Bar, Polished Billet Lock Pins, Mopar S/S Door Sills, Interior LED's, Mopar LED Cargo Bed Lights, Billet Throttle Body Cover