DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:44
The Codes is on a distinguished road

I have limo tint all the way around but went with the legal on the front windows, now however wish I would have gotten limo or the next shade lighter on the front windows even though it wouldn't have been legal. would make the truck look alot nicer. in my opinion. will prob go back eventually.
Sponsored links
Old 07-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 09 Challenger SRT-8 11 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:59
SJP2X11RT will become famous soon enough

Think I'm redoing the Ram to match the 20% of my other rides. The dealer did it and they could only go with 35% and I was on a road trip through five states and short of time.

Different stores did the SRT and Titan so it must be the brand they used on the truck as it's a lot darker than the SRT.

I have been stopped in it and this lame thing has manual windows so I couldn't roll them down to hide them...plus it was November so I'm sure cops know that trick.

So now I have to undo the belt and lean over and roll down the window to talk to him as he comes to the passenger side and says he stopped me for doing 83 in a 70 which is slow on I-95 around Richmond.

He then proceeds to reach through the window to unlock the door, opens the door and starts rolling up the window. Then he pulls this device out much like this one below and says the tint is illegal.

Moral of the story....he let me slide on the speeding ticket but a $115 fine for equipment failure sucked big time. Sometimes I wish I lived in AZ, SC or FL as they still have the 27-30% rules like most states but they don't seem to care as every car has practically midnight black windows.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:89
gingrbredman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Ram View Post
I also live in Missouri, and on my last truck the tint shop said they would go as dark as I wanted, but they would not warranty it if it was darker than legally allowed. I ended up going with the legal tint to get the warranty. I have not yet tinted my Ram, but when I do, I will just go with the legal tint.
I would consider someone else to do my tint for your Ram in this case if this is what the shop is telling you. What do they mean they won't warranty the tint if they go darker than legally allowed? I understand the need for places who do the tint to tell you the limits allowed by law, but not covering their work because of that decision seems like a cop out to me by the shop. What does the darker tint have anything to do with the quality of the material or them standing behind their work? I understand they should inform you so you can make your own decision but not covering it under warranty because of that decision sounds like a shop I wouldn't want to do business with.
Gusz 2011 RAM SPORT CC -Lockpick CHR550 -Hardwired Radar Detector - Custom Trailer Cam - -Fold a-Cover G4 - Bed Rug - Billet Shifter - Debadged - 18" Magnaflow - Custom Clear HID Projectors - LED Tailgate Bar - Custom Billet Badges -
Old 07-09-2011, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram ST
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:15
redlightrico is on a distinguished road

"He then proceeds to reach through the window to unlock the door, opens the door and starts rolling up the window. Then he pulls this device out much like this one below and says the tint is illegal."

It would be a cold day in hell that a cop reaches into my vehicle UNLOCKS IT and then tells me I have to pay a ticket. Then again, I usually do things the hard way when it comes to Team Bacon.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:36 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightrico View Post
"He then proceeds to reach through the window to unlock the door, opens the door and starts rolling up the window. Then he pulls this device out much like this one below and says the tint is illegal."

It would be a cold day in hell that a cop reaches into my vehicle UNLOCKS IT and then tells me I have to pay a ticket. Then again, I usually do things the hard way when it comes to Team Bacon.
+1. Totally agree with the part in bold.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 07-10-2011, 01:18 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Sea Water Blue
Rep:156
TORMENTOR has a spectacular aura aboutTORMENTOR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingrbredman View Post
I also got my tint darker than I should have by law, but dam does it look good when the front matches the back!

In the end you have do do what you are comfortable with. It's tough though looking around here and seeing some trucks with the matching tint. You know you shouldn't do it, but want to anyway.
That looks great, i got the same color truck, unfortunately ANY tint on the front windows is illegal here. Hey did you do something to your headlights? Missing some orange..
Old 07-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Well I have 20% on my fronts to match the back and love it. It's been over a year now with no tickets however I have heard on this forum that some places in Ontario members are getting ticketed. IMHO it's worth the risk, just hope my luck keeps up as I have trips to Brookville and Tobermory coming up this summer.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad 4x4
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:24
bonehead is on a distinguished road

Um if you put illegal tint on the front windows come inspection time they will Fail it. They do check it and even require you to pay more to do so.. Or at least here in NC they do.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 2011 CC 2wd
Color: White
Rep:26
Lie2me is on a distinguished road

legal avoids drama. I can also tell you I will never put any tint over the back factory tinted glass again....couldn't see a damn thing backing up.

I've know a lot of cops, and generally they wont ticket you for this unless you are giving them attitude. I always roll down my windows and turn on the cab light(night) when I get pulled over. Between that and being polite...it has worked many, many times.
Cops don't like walking up on blacked out vehicles, especially at night. These folks are just doing their job...a job that I wouldn't necessarily want to do, so why give them sh*t when they pull you over. And yes, I've experienced the bad cops too, but they are few and far between from my experience.
Talking slower, 'country' if you will, also seems to lighten the encounter for me.
"Yes-sur, No, Sir. Thhank ya, Sir."
Old 07-10-2011, 11:36 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Sport
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:89
gingrbredman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORMENTOR View Post
That looks great, i got the same color truck, unfortunately ANY tint on the front windows is illegal here. Hey did you do something to your headlights? Missing some orange..
Good eye. No orange reflectors anymore. I haven't had a chance to post pics of my latest mod, but the reflectors were taken out when I got a set of retro projector HIDs. I won't jack this thread, but will post more pics soon.
Gusz 2011 RAM SPORT CC -Lockpick CHR550 -Hardwired Radar Detector - Custom Trailer Cam - -Fold a-Cover G4 - Bed Rug - Billet Shifter - Debadged - 18" Magnaflow - Custom Clear HID Projectors - LED Tailgate Bar - Custom Billet Badges -